The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

jonoslack

Perfectly rational decision Jono. If I had an M9 and if my eyes were still good enough to focus it :cool: then I wouldn't have need for an X100 either. We will miss viewing your lovely X100 images, but please come visit occasionally to keep us in line.

Best regards,
Carl
HI Carl
Thank you - I will indeed. as for the eyes, mine are old as well, +2.5 contacts - but I can actually focus the M9 even without them in, I think that with practice there is a 'feel' for the focus patch, even if you can't really focus on it!:ROTFL:

The X100 is undoubtedly a lovely camera, and it produces great images . . . just not for me.

. . . and of course I'll keep dropping in, one of the reasons for wanting to keep it was the great community around here.

all the best

jonoslack

Carl, Joe, Olli - nice shots . . . .

But Lee - this one is fab!

As for the rain - we've had a sunny but humid day - now it's darkening up and the rain is about to start (good for the garden).

One from today after the rain cleared:

Lee

Sapphie

Carl, Joe, Olli - nice shots . . . .

But Lee - this one is fab!

As for the rain - we've had a sunny but humid day - now it's darkening up and the rain is about to start (good for the garden).
Well, Jono, nice of you to say so; this was the last one after an hour's walk with not much other luck - lighting a bit dull. I did try this one as JPG+RAW with the JPG on 'Velvia' mode. As much as I loved Velvia in my film days this 'digital equivalent' was way over the top! The picture here was from RAW and just an auto-tone and not much else.

Lee

OlliL

Thanks.

If you're interested, I can give you the telephone number of her dentist.
I'm sure we can all get a set of teeth like that :D

Terry

I continue to be very impressed with the flash. The only adjustment to this shot was a small WB tweak.

Sapphie

So do I . . . only sad b@stards can remember what they did in lightroom:)
OK, even sadder, I checked. Not much done actually. Clarity and vibrance boosted somewhat (50 and 25), a strong contrast tone curve and then in the B&W channel mixer blues decreased (for the sky), yellows increased (for the flowers in the foreground) and greens decreased a little. Highlight recovery was at max too. Input sharpening at default. No output sharpening.

Lee

scho

I continue to be very impressed with the flash. The only adjustment to this shot was a small WB tweak.
Very nice portrait Terry. The x100 flash is indeed very handy and performs better than any other built-in flash I've used recently.

Bright colors in Chinatown....

R
Rich,
Very impressive colors in this series. Love the big-eye fish shot.

Rich M

Rich,

Love the big-eye fish shot.
Carl........actually it's a self-portrait in the reflection of the fish's eye.....

Uuummm......not really ;)

Hope your weather is finally getting better......sounds like this was the year of the lost spring.

R

scho

Carl........actually it's a self-portrait in the reflection of the fish's eye.....

Uuummm......not really ;)

Hope your weather is finally getting better......sounds like this was the year of the lost spring.

R
We rarely have a nice, gentle spring. Usually spring is a fierce battle between winter and summer. I think summer finally threw a killer punch today (90+F) and took winter out of the picture for a few months.

OlliL

Joe: Wonderful shots

Lee: love this!

Terry: Great portray, makes want to try the flash (haven't done so and can't even confirm that it works on my camera :D )

Made some AF-testing with moving subjects today.
Well at some point, one of my "subjects" thought it would be cool, to make a funny face for the camera :D

Hey, let's make a funny face von oliverleschke auf Flickr

Sapphie

Joe - what light is illuminating their faces in that last sgot, which is superb? The candles or the setting sun?

OlliL - that dog looks on a mission ...

Meanwhile suddenly the colour has drained away ...

Lee

P.S. Today we had a day 'lent' and took off to North Devon (Woody Bay to Hunter's Inn, 6 mile walk round trip) and I wasn't sure to take the X100 or my K5 or both. I decided to leave the K5 in the car and sort of regretted it in a way ... but when we got home and I looked at the pics from the X100 on the Mac, well, I think it was the right choice ... for today. The shot above was from a few days ago ...