The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

Terry

OlliL - I sort of like your shot of the tree and fields but believe it would benefit from a crop to get rid of the row of bushes in the bottom right and to throw the tree a little bit off center. Right now they eyes get distracted form that bottom/center right portion of the frame.

JCT

That's great Ollil -- classic beagle "drama" look.

I have a shot just like that as my iPad background, our younger beagle can look very melancholy (usually when she wants food).

Why oh why am I looking at this thread? My wallet is starting to try to run away to save itself.

Sapphie

OlliL

Great shot and this one of mine isn't anywhere near as good but I wanted to balance the dog-cat ratio a little

Amazingly this was ISO 3200 ... (f/2, 1/60th sec)

Lee

OlliL

Thanks Lee and JCT!

And Lee, that cat is really beautiful.
My parents have two themselves and I really like, having them around.

Sapphie

Thanks Lee and JCT!

And Lee, that cat is really beautiful.
My parents have two themselves and I really like, having them around.
She's called Sapphie, of course, and is such a character, even if she spends most of her time like this!

Lee

EDIT: well, she spends most of her *day* time like this. Night time is another matter ... the only really good uninterrupted sleeps I have had in 15 years have been when we have been on holiday ...

Sapphie

That's great Ollil -- classic beagle "drama" look.

I have a shot just like that as my iPad background, our younger beagle can look very melancholy (usually when she wants food).

Why oh why am I looking at this thread? My wallet is starting to try to run away to save itself.
You are looking and there is no escape ...

Lee

ashwinrao1

Joe, your images continue to impress and draw me in. You have a signature and style all your own, and the x100 fits well into your scheme...only sad that it didn't fit into mine...would love to see you work with a rangefinder someday...;

Joe, your images continue to impress and draw me in. You have a signature and style all your own, and the x100 fits well into your scheme...only sad that it didn't fit into mine...would love to see you work with a rangefinder someday...;
Thanks Ashwin.
Sorry to see you move on from the x100, but I completely understand.
Absolutely loved your images.
Would love to shoot with an m9 someday, but I just don't see that happening.
Perhaps the x200 or x900 might work for both of us in the future.

Went to a dark dark club last night to shoot a young musician.
Used my Nikon D3s, but pulled out the x100 to see what it could do at iso 6400.
The OOC jpegs were overly smoothed and I much preferred the raw files.
A little post work just for fun.

iso 6400 f/2 1/60 sec

iso 6400 f/2 1/60 sec