The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

P

Piet Gispen

A couple more of today. In use the X100 is almost as easy to use for this kind of work as the Leica M8. I exchanged my X1 for the X100. I haven't regretted it.
Regards,
Piet Gispen
http://www.pietgispen.com

kai.e.g.

Here is another landscape with the Fuji.......a very simple one....perhaps a little boring.

R
This is such a quintessentially Fuji shot, with all that vibrant green. It could have been used as an advertisement for Fuji film at any time during the past several decades. Nice!

scho

One of the waterfalls along the trail through my neighborhood gorge. I don't normally use a tripod with the X100, but took a small tripod along for this walk because it is quite dark in the gorge and I wanted to put some drag on the shutter (used the internal ND filter) to slow down the water. Works well, but irritating to have to keep resetting the self timer after each shot. Hope this is one of the fixes in the new firmware due out soon(?).

Rich M

One of the waterfalls along the trail through my neighborhood gorge. I don't normally use a tripod with the X100, but took a small tripod along for this walk because it is quite dark in the gorge and I wanted to put some drag on the shutter (used the internal ND filter) to slow down the water. Works well, but irritating to have to keep resetting the self timer after each shot. Hope this is one of the fixes in the new firmware due out soon(?).
Really nice Carl. Good stability......between the tripod and X100, the corners are really sharp.....just what you want.

Have you read anything about a cable release for the camera.....it looks like you could thread one in there?? I've hunted around.....can't find my old ones to try.

R

scho

Really nice Carl. Good stability......between the tripod and X100, the corners are really sharp.....just what you want.

Have you read anything about a cable release for the camera.....it looks like you could thread one in there?? I've hunted around.....can't find my old ones to try.

R
Thanks Rich. Yes, you can use a standard cable release. I have a couple that I use with my LF cameras, but forgot to bring one along on this trip so I was relying on the self timer.

S

sebasco

Here's a few more with the Fuji X 100

http://public.fotki.com/elopezso/jazz-festival/emilie-barlow-chris.html[IMG]

[IMG)[url]http://public.fotki.com/elopezso/jazz-festival/from-our-garden-004.html[/url][IMG]

Rich M

Hi Rich

Great shot. Converted from RAW? If so, how?

Lee

Lee.....I start out in LR3 with the basics and then export to Silver Efex 2, and back into LR for the final tweaks. I, probably as others, am finding that the X100 files are well suited for B&W.

R

R

raymondluo

Here is another landscape with the Fuji.......a very simple one....perhaps a little boring.

It was taken a few days ago in the eastern part of Washington state. I was there for three days....two days the weather was not very good. The day the sun came out, it was glorious.

This one is not cropped.

R
Very Windows XP!

scho

Two more shots from the Upper Buttermilk Gorge walk. I should have spot metered for the highlights which were blown out in the waterfalls.

Rich M

Carl.....thanks for posting these. They are both awesome. The first (with the two falls) just pulls you into the photo. The second has such great corner to corner detail.

Actually, I like both of these better than the original shot you posted of Upper Buttermilk.

I am finding that the X100 is a good choice for landscape photography.....no lens falloff and excellent corner to corner sharpness. Your shots show that.

R

Rich, your shack shot is incredible. Beautifully composed and amazing detail.
Carl, your gorge images are lovely. So much texture.
Piet, your street shots are wonderful. Very intriguing.