The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

Sapphie

Anyone here using Apple Aperture to process RAW from the X100? I took some shots today with DR=200% and shot JPG+RAW. In LR the RAW would have been a stop underexposed. Aperture, however, appears to be compensating for the DR setting. What is interesting is that sometimes it seems to do a better job than the OOC JPG. For example, both just exported with no adjustments:

JPEG:

RAW:

Lee

W

Wozza604

Hmm, that's interesting... I use Lightroom 3, and I do notice that my shots do look much brighter on the camera than they do after they've been imported into Lightroom, but they handle being brought back up quite well.

Sapphie

Actually I think this was mainly a one-off. I think the JPGs at DR200 tend to be better overall, for example, they hold better detail of tree branches against a bright section of sky. These tend to get lost somewhat by Aperture's interpretation and indeed by bringing the exposure up in LR. That's what I think for now anyway!

Lee

W

Wozza604

Here's some newer photos from the X100. I'm starting to explore how it handles really low light. It's fun to just get a general exposure and keep your ISO, aperture and shutter set and leave it that way while you wander around, much like I do with film and an M6. Just snap away and use the camera's exposure latitude as a safety net.

Excellent pano and portrait mojo.
Death Valley images look great Graham.
I also use Aperture sapphie.
I like the dark mood Ollil.
Low light images are quite nice Wozza604.

Don't post too often, but here are a few from a Nutcracker rehearsal.
Use a D3s and 70-200 on my shoulder and x100 around my neck.
Makes for a versatile combo.
I generally have to zone and/or manually focus the x100.

JMaher

Thanks Lee

This thread appears to be pretty dead.

This camera takes very nice photos, its small, easy to use (although that doesn't seem to be the common thought) and is a pleasure to own. I can see the obvious quality in photos from you and others but it's not getting much attention anymore.

Jim

Sapphie

Jim

Not here maybe but X100forum.com and seriouscompacts.com are more active.

I think the camera is fantastic and I still don't take my K5 out!

Lee

JMaher

Thanks,

I have visited the x100 forum from time to time but I need to take a look at SeriousCompacts.

JIm

Tim

Here's one to keep the party going
This was handheld at 1/6th sec. Very little noise - thanks Fuji. :thumbup: