The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

L

Lux

... the x100 is brilliant once you understand how it works and its quirks. i got one for things it does well, not things i wanted it to do... it's really quite brilliant!
You got that right. Mine is an absolute keeper. Just have to avoid large quantities of bright lights straight into the lens due to reflections off the sensor. Other than that, the camera is freaking amazing!

Agree. This thread had some wonderful images and contributors, but for some reason it just doesn't have the impact I remember.

This thread appears to be pretty dead.

This camera takes very nice photos, its small, easy to use (although that doesn't seem to be the common thought) and is a pleasure to own. I can see the obvious quality in photos from you and others but it's not getting much attention anymore.

Jim

scho

A couple of shots with the X100 after the 1.2 firmware upgrade. Still gives me nice Fuji colors:D

retow

Wow, a lot of great pictures posted under this thread. Here comes my humble contribution, a few street shots from Istanbul.

Last edited:
M

Melilot29

These are fantastic pictures. I have to say this was a really good investment.

Photon-hunter

Hi all. I have been following this thread for a while. Amazing stuff here. I never posted anything since I seem to be using the Nex7 more and more lately.. I decided to share an image I took today. I finally decided to go out with my X100, but then...... This image is the last one I took before my X100 developed (all of a sudden) the sticky aperture blade syndrome. It was working fine, I was doing some long exposures @ f/8 - f/11, took this image, and when I tried to take the next image the blades wouldn´t close, they are now stuck at f/2..:banghead:

I was under the impression that the blades would start malfunctioning gradually, and not just from one shot to the next one...

Hope it will be back soon, I have enjoyed it much and will miss it while it´s being repaired. :(

The last image untill it comes back..

Untitled by Photon-hunter, on Flickr

Thanks for watching.

E.

Sapphie

I decided to share an image I took today. I finally decided to go out with my X100, but then...... This image is the last one I took before my X100 developed (all of a sudden) the sticky aperture blade syndrome.
And a great image it is. Since I bought my X-Pro 1 a month ago the X100 has been neglected and it must have felt lonely and really cross with me as when I tried it a couple of days ago it had sticky aperture. The 2nd time I have had it, hopefully will be fixed for good this time. I think the newer lens units are supposed to be SAB-free. I will need to keep using it once a week to 'keep an eye' on it!

Lee

Photon-hunter

Hi again. Surprisingly my X100 decided to come back to life yesterday and operated flawlessly all day. I managed to pull a couple more images from it but now I am at al lost regarding what to do: shall I wait until the problem happens again or shall I just take it in now? I am concerned that the Fuji guys won´t be able to replicate the issue and just send it back as is. Is the SAB issue an intermitent one? I thought once the blades were stuck they were so for good...

A couple images from my (resurrected) X100 yesterday:

Thanks for watching and any advice would be appreciated.

E

Photon-hunter

Today I purchased a Phottix Variable (up to 8 stops) ND filter. I have been trying it out today and must say that it worked perfectly, no issues at all (despite some people telling me that they were no good for photography, only suitable for video). I used it stacked on top of the B+W 10 stop filter to give me 18 stops of filtration. Here a 7 minute exposure with the mentioned setup.

Kαιρός #1 by Photon-hunter, on Flickr

Thanks for watching.

E.