The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

rayyan

Thanks OlliL.:)

The X100s have taken a lot of internet flak for being soft at f/2 ( amongst a million other supposed issues ). It is indeed soft at f/2 at MFD. Stand back a little, and there is no issue whatsoever.

It is not that someone calls a f/1.7 lens a summilux ( which all of us know is a f1.4 ). And neither that during close-up my f/2 suddenly turns into f/2.8..:D
I have to get hold of my Elmarit? Have they changed the aperture nomenclature!!

As it is with a 1.5 crop sensor the 35mm FF equivalent dof at f/2 is around f/3 on a 35mm FF.

Anyway, looking through the built in viewfinder..hybrid one at that mind you..so as not appear like a tourist ( :ROTFL: ) staring away at the screen and switching
to Velvia ( Does Fuji know about color..hmmm )..

p.s there is a term for when changes in presumed aperture happen at some close distance...something to do with breathing, no less. I did have my inhalers with me just in case
Fuji pulled a fast one on me.

rayyan

The one issue I have, and specially when one has to react fast, is the focussing speed. Much improved over my XE-1, but more work needs to be done by Fuji.
Maybe the X100T has improved on this.

I have adjusted my shooting responses accordingly; and I am comfortable with the X100s.

I just wish Fuji or someone else would come out with a 50mm fixed lens instead of the 35mm. I would be all over such a cam.

rayyan

Thanks ceh :)

Velvia with in-cam saturation..

sorry for the angle; the only place I could get!!

Swissblad

Nice set of images, Rayvan - I still have the original X100 - and the AF is really slow - IQ is great though.

rayyan

Hi There!!

I have heard that the images from the original X100 sensor are the best. Nothing following has been better in the image department.

Thanks for stopping by.

Take care.

Nice set of images, Rayvan - I still have the original X100 - and the AF is really slow - IQ is great though.

bensonga

Another shot of the tidal ice floes in Ship Creek last Sunday. Taken at the same time as the images I posted in the Fun with Ricoh GR, but I processed this one very differently in SilverEfex Pro (ie much more contrast and "film grain"). It was a pretty gloomy winter day.

Gary

Original X100

Last edited:

rayyan

Keeping the thread alive...

Oh! Want to travel light. Just this one will do. At least, it did for me.

Maggie O

So, thanks to the "Affordable Jazz Bass" thread at offetsguitars.com (yeah, that's it!) I went trolling on Reverb and found this beauty- a 1992 MIJ (Made In Japan) Jazz Bass. The pots are a little hinky, but everything else is just perfect.

It was shipped all the way from Moscow in a big ol' box, where it was wrapped in layer after layer of bubble wrap. And now, the pix!

Package From Moscow, April 09, 2015 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Jazz Bass From Moscow, April, 09, 2015 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Fun coincidence: I was watching FX's The Americans when the letter carrier rang my doorbell!

bensonga

Shot with the X100...check out the "More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M" thread for a film version.

rayyan

I want many things in life. Most I cannot afford. While pages are being written about the new Leica this or the Sony that...I really cannot afford or need them.

Leica, for me, was the rangefinder experience. Mirrorless? Upto an easy A3?
No fuss. Hardly any weight.

I carried my old X100S. Good enough for me. But then my requirements are just
snapshots...

And Velvia. The way Fuji does it.

rayyan

For bragging rights...and telling everyone about it, I buy the latest iPhone. Now that has everything I need.

Else the X100S suffices, for me. Not the photographic gurus.