The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 Questions & Tips.

R

raymondluo

Are there any manual options for movie mode? I'm wondering if the x100 can lock shutter speed down e.g. 1/50 or 1/60 throughout recording.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Well, his quoting (and repurposing) of some of the best lines from BladeRunner have won me over already:

Your application may be different and more demanding, covering things we humans can't even believe. Perhaps taking pictures of attack ships on fire off the Shoulder of Orion. Or capturing sea beams glittering at the Tannhauser Gate. You should probably wait for the perfect camera and herniate, while your photographic prospects are lost in time, like tears in rain
Works for me!

And the rest of the review is very sober. Two thumbs up from me, at least.

Brian Mosley

I preferred the terminator reference

3. "The X100's OVF is nothing to write home about." False. Are you kidding? It is bright, clear, undistorted, and has the most visible framelines every put into a camera. It also has the ability to project a lot of data that has never been seen in a rangefinder camera, such as depth of field against a distance scale, a digital level, and composition lines. It even has parallax and field corrections. If you use Leica Ms, the X100 's optical viewfinder is like something that came back through a time warp (naked), stole a biker's clothes, and then started punching holes in brick walls.
Very entertaining, and informative too. :clap:

Cheers

Brian