The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 firmware coming

Jeffg53

Thanks Terry, that is excellent news. Having used my X100 every day for the last four weeks, I am very happy with it. Most of the firmware issues don't bother me but I would like to see them fixed.

The IQ is enough reason to buy it but making it function better would be a bonus.

dhsimmonds

The following is a reply from Fuji (UK) received from one of the myriads of suggestions for improvements made apparently from all over the world.

Hi .......
Our development team in Tokyo are currently working through suggestions from customers from all over the world relating to the X100 with a view to incorporating them in a new firmware version. Unfortunately there is not yet any definite date for the release of this firmware but please keep an eye on our website for further information.

kind regards

Fujifilm UK Ltd

This is what I call a positive response from a responsible manufacturer that others would do well to take notice and learn. Leica are you listening!?

N

nightfire

All they say is that they're "working through suggestions from customers". Maybe they're just busy deleting the tons of e-mail from their inboxes.

It says nowhere that they're actually working on the firmware right now.

My point is, I'll rather wait with being optimistic until they announce a release date.

jonoslack

I had an incredibly good and fast response from Fuji UK as well - within an hour! No sense that they were sweeping anything under the carpet, and a real positive mood about the camera.

I'm sure that they'll be working on it, but I would expect it to take a month or so to appear.

Makes no difference to me, but I'd certainly like to see them make the most of it.

all the best