The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Aftermarket lens-hood available

kirio

I decided to try my unused rangefinder hoods before getting the Fuji or other third party hoods. I don't usually use a filter, keeping a hood on all the time instead.

Here are a few of my alternative hoods:

Hood made from 3 step-down rings:

Hood from Voigtlander Ultron 35mm:

Voigtlander LH-1 Hood:

Walz 43mm Hood:

kirio

I like the LH-1.
How much does it block the viewfinder?
Vertically about 1/4 through the projected frameline before parallax correction. Horizontally almost halfway. Still usable for a focus in the middle then recompose style of shooting. The LH-2 will definitely be better because of the rounded shape.

It seems that the LH-1, LH-2 and Ultron hoods share the same thread size of 42mm. If you don't use filters, the cleanest solution is a 52-49mm step-down with a 42-52mm step-up. This gives a male 42mm thread needed for the Voigtlander hoods. This is the combo used for the Ultron hood. In the LH-1 set-up shown I had to remove the threaded portion of the LH-2 and just clamp on the 43mm UV filter.