The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Charmingly irritating!

dhsimmonds

First of all I really love my little X100. Yet, it is the most irritating but most irresistable camera that I have ever used. Come to think of it very much like my wife!

I can turn the flash on and make any compensation required and the X100 does a great job with fill-in flash. Next image I don't need the flash so switch it off then find in the process that I have somehow managed to produce multiple shots which on play back examination are clearly bracketed shots at 0, -1/3 and plus 1/3 exposures! I only discovered that because it was taking much longer than usual to write to card!

I get out of that OK and then find that the flash doesn't switch on and the usual "flash" sub-menu is nowhere to be found! After trolling through menu's I give up and decide to reset the camera from the menu item.

Bingo, everything is back where it should be! I can usually switch off and in extreme cases remove and replace the battery and everything is restored OK but this time I needed to do a reset. Amazingly none of my data such as time date and settings were changed during the reset!

Has any of this ever put me off this charming, annoying little camera....nah!

I still reach for my X100 before any of my simple to use (by comparison) full frame DSLR's! so I started to wonder just why? I have concluded that in every single incident with the X100, it is something that I have done that has caused it to irritate me, it is probably exactly the same with my lovely wife in fact! :rolleyes:

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Da Wife.... Can't go there....
Da camera.... It's got a sense of humor for sure.
Da Wife... No sense of humor....

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I am a wife and I have an X100!
Happy wife, Happy life......:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Dave, I loved your post!

Godfrey

:)

I knew within moments of handling Terry's X100 that it would annoy me too much despite being a beautiful piece of equipment. It reminded my immediately of my Nikon 35Ti from a decade and some ago: beautiful, jewel-like, superb performance but a total irritation in use. I became so exasperated with that one, in the middle of a trip I sold it and bought a replacement (Rollei 35 Classic) which I was much happier using.

It's good to hear that many find the X100 to their liking. I still think it's a beautiful camera.