The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Long term reliability worries about x100?

sagar

For all those who have been using X100 for a while, do you worry about long term reliability?

I got one just to try from Amazon and liking it very much. But after reading all the issues about aperture blades, dust in VF, freezing and so on I am wondering will camera work properly after warranty period, If I am keeping it I expect it to work at least for 2-3 years..

any thoughts?

Brian Mosley

Not really, I'll probably get it checked over just before the 1 year warranty expires and then take my chances.

As with any camera these days, it's a consumer item. I'll probably want to upgrade to something better before it wears out.

Cheers

Brian

I worry a lot more about improving by photography and staying focused to finish on-going projects. I also worry more about building a collection of excellent prints.

sagar

Brian, Thanks, I think that's a good idea. and I agree it with current paces, it may become absolute in 12-18months, probably I am looking for peace of mind

Willie So do you take your equipment in rain and let water in without worrying? :D

On the serious note, I understand this I would not even think about it if its an Olympus or Nikon where I have experience with their reliability or if its a normal P&S/m4/3 costing few hundred bucks.

But If I am paying $1200 bucks for a camera that's marketed as "professional's compact camera" I do expect it work properly for 2-3 years whether I use it or not or it improves my photography or not.

Interesting thing, while Fuji offers extended 2 years warranty on their other cameras, they do not offer it for X100

I worry a lot more about improving by photography and staying focused to finish on-going projects. I also worry more about building a collection of excellent prints.