The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X10

Maggie O

Very nice photos Maggie :)
Looks that the camera likes to be out in the cold environment.
Trygve
Thank you!

The battery life is a bit shortened, but aside from that, it performed quite well, despite getting covered in snow.

Here's some more pix from the last two days:

Trendwood Park Hikers, February 04, 2012 (Version 2) by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Sunny Snow Day, February 05, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Sycamore Eyes, February 05, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Popcorn Snow Tree, February 05, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Foggy Night, February 05, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

MCB on a Foggy Night, February 05, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Foggy Night, February 05, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Snow Tree and Venus, February 05, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

MCB on a Foggy Night, February 05, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

jonoslack

Hi Maggie
I hope you're well - it looks like it!
Lots of great shots - the camera seems to be doing the business for you.

all the very best

Maggie O

Hi Maggie
I hope you're well - it looks like it!
Lots of great shots - the camera seems to be doing the business for you.

all the very best
Thanks, Jono! I'm well, thank you for asking! I've been shooting pix like a madwoman, glad to know I'm getting some hits out of 'em!

Maggie O

Brian Mosley

No, to be honest, I'm hooked on having EVF capability (and the X100's EVF overlay is pretty cool too.)

I'm saving my money for the E-M5 and the 17mm f1.4 Olympus should be developing! :deadhorse:

Have fun though, I'm always open to persuasion :D

Cheers

Brian

jonoslack

No, to be honest, I'm hooked on having EVF capability (and the X100's EVF overlay is pretty cool too.)

I'm saving my money for the E-M5 and the 17mm f1.4 Olympus should be developing! :deadhorse:

Have fun though, I'm always open to persuasion :D

Cheers

Brian
I wasn't enamoured of the X100 EVF - at least the optical part.
Of course, the manual focus in the X10 is more useless, and it's about as tough to decide where the AF has AFFED - however, it's got a decent zoom range and fits in a jacket pocket.

At 5 hundred and odd quid the X10 was pretty expensive - just under £400 and its' just a point and shoot. Around the price of a G12.

We'll see, I'm tempted to follow Terry's suggestion and shoot jpg - at least for a while.

jonoslack

They're fantastic aren't they - loads of good shots from Maggie.
incidentally, there won't be no orbs around here with the weather we're getting - universally drab . . . I'm forgetting what a specular highlight looks like!