The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X10

jonoslack

Hopefully opportunities will improve!

800 ISO f2
It doesn't look like a small sensor point and shoot to me - and I rather like the odd bokeh
no blobs either:ROTFL:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Graham. Fantastic lighting and color.....is that all you took with you? Shocked.
Thanks Terry. Traveling light - X10 & X100 this trip to keep within Emirates carry-on restrictions alas. Feisol travel tripod too obviously.

jonoslack

Graham - that's wonderful - I wish I had anything half as impressive to photograph. . . .next week maybe!

in the meantime, the X10 takes pictures when you press the shutter (oh yes!)

A friend suggested that Caspar looks like an angry wig . . .

pjmsj21

I have been enjoying my X10 now for about a month albeit a very busy month that hasn't allowed all that much time for a lot of shooting. None the less, I did spend last week cycling in Arizona and did get some time with the camera.

The X10 is the camera that I chose after several member suggestions, as a venue to get me back into photography after a long absence. So far the camera has been a great selection from that perspective. I plan to use it exclusively for a year before considering a more sophisticated camera for the things that the X10 is not suited for. So.....so far so good.

Pat Mc

View attachment 55883

Maggie O

Maggie O love the flying cats.
They're fantastic aren't they - loads of good shots from Maggie.
incidentally, there won't be no orbs around here with the weather we're getting - universally drab . . . I'm forgetting what a specular highlight looks like!
Thanks, guys!!

Graham. Fantastic lighting and color......
Let me second that- what a spectacular photo!

Here's a few new ones from my X10:

5001, March 05, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Give Amelia Five, March 03, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Mom, March 04, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Frame Job, March 05, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Michael, February 04, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Trendwood Creek, February 04, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

You know, I keep looking at the X10 photos I took and those others are taking and love the results. I returned mine due to the orb issue but probably will purchase another if they can fix the problem. Such a good camera in so many ways... there's plenty of proof in the photos posted here. Great work by all.

M

Melilot29

Im thinking of buying Fuji X10. Should i wait for a better camera to come or is it good enough. I saw the specifications and liked it so far.

OlliL

It is a very good camera.
Only issue are, as Jim mentioned above these white orbs.
I sold mine for the exact same reason.

Fuji was talking about an updated sensor recently, so I'd encourage you to wait, as there was no info on replacing it on the cameras sold and produced AFAIK.

tbhv55

Im thinking of buying Fuji X10. Should i wait for a better camera to come or is it good enough. I saw the specifications and liked it so far.
I purchased one last week, to go with my (almost 1 year-old) x100. I find it to be an absolutely superb compact. No, IQ is not as good the x100, but it IS very good for a small-sensor compact... and I say that, not to "damn with faint praise", but simply to be realistic about expectations. The lens is very good, and covers a very nice range, especially if your shooting style involves mainly rangefinder-type focal lengths. For me, the camera is just a joy to use.

As for white orbs - from what I've seen, at least- the problem isn't too bad; especially when one considers the rest of the camera's capabilities, in such a tiny package. I would suggest that perhaps a compact isn't necessarily the best tool for low-light/long-exposure work, and the x10 would be better put to other uses - playing to its strengths. Anyway, I understand that Fuji (in the UK, at least) have stated that they will replace "white-orb" sensors when the re-designed ones are available (end of May has been quoted).

As with any camera purchase, try handling the x10 if possible, and if it suits you, then I'd say go for it...!

PenSon

X10 is very nice travel camera - here is one shot with no photoshopping ;)

100% crop from the picture

Trygve

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Just picked this up to carry around in my briefcase. I like it! Bit quirky, but, great fun, and there are no lenses to buy. :) I'm working my way through this thread. Images are excellent. :thumbs:

Here's a few from today.

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

donbga

. Anyway, I understand that Fuji (in the UK, at least) have stated that they will replace "white-orb" sensors when the re-designed ones are available (end of May has been quoted).
Any updates on the new sensor for the X10?

Thanks,

Don Bryant

tbhv55

Any updates on the new sensor for the X10?
Yes, they are available now... if you're in the UK, contact Fuji at [email protected] (Note... that does read "x100", rather than "x10"). They are sending me the postage-paid packaging, so mine will be going in for replacement fairly soon.

Early reports that I've read so far suggest that the new sensor deals very effectively with the orb problem, although there's also an - as yet - unconfirmed rumour of a slight increase in noise. However, I wouldn't be surprised if that turns out to be something of a nit-picking exercise by pixel-peepers, who then overstate their case over the web;)... we'll see.

Hope that this helps...

downstairs

Fun with the X10. Conversion from colour worked better for me than the B&W jpegs - a lot different from the X100 sensor.

The eggs are rotten anyway so I had a go with the Fuji X10 before taking it down (after doing it with medium format and 4x5).
Here's the setup with the HB.