The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X10

downstairs

Just wonderful B&W tones!:thumbup:

May I ask what lighting set-up you used, and camera settings? (Of course, no problem if you prefer not share these details.:))
Thanks!
Lighting is from an ancient Mole Richardson Soft-light (a left-over from the Cleopatra set in Rome, 1962 - it lit Elizabeth Taylor) with barn-doors to feather the background. No fill.
Fuji X10 settings on manual 1/8' f.11, black&white film simulation, normal contrast etc. Zoom at 50mm.
It seems to work, so tomorrow I'll have a bash on 8x10 sheet film and I'll post a snap of the setup - which is minimalist.
The X10 does a better job than a polaroid and, often, large-format has a hard time matching up to the mood of the test shots.

tbhv55

Thanks!
Lighting is from an ancient Mole Richardson Soft-light (a left-over from the Cleopatra set in Rome, 1962 - it lit Elizabeth Taylor) with barn-doors to feather the background. No fill.
Fuji X10 settings on manual 1/8' f.11, black&white film simulation, normal contrast etc. Zoom at 50mm.
It seems to work, so tomorrow I'll have a bash on 8x10 sheet film and I'll post a snap of the setup - which is minimalist.
The X10 does a better job than a polaroid and, often, large-format has a hard time matching up to the mood of the test shots.
Such great results from such a simple set-up! :eek:

I can certainly understand your comment about the large-format gear not improving on the mood of the shot. A superlative job by the x10 here... not forgetting, of course, the photographer... ;):D