The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

new Fuji X Pro1 camera

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Re: new Fuji X Pro1 camera (formerly called "new camera")

Damned if I know where I saw that—I was reading the GXR manual at the same time though; I just skimmed the XPro manual again and I could not find that... I must have been dreaming. I know that this is something I wanted!

raist3d

I note that the EVF has a diopter adjustment (-2 to +1); does this contradict earlier reports of the need to use after-market diopter correction lenses? I hope so!

Flash sync speed: 1/2000"
The flash sync speed is 1/180 (page 55). Are we reading the manual about the same camera? :)

A flash sync speed of 1/2000 in a camera like this would be a Guiness record.

- Raist

Update: I missed your next post. Makes sense :)

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member

Jeez—you just confirmed it: I was reading the GXR manual alongside the PDF XPro1 one... I will be more careful before posting next time!

lowep

Last edited:
F

frelwa

Re: Is Elvis really Dead?

Quite a coup for a camera that is not buyable yet! Am I the only one who suspects those guys in the youtube promo video are puppets?
One of them is real. I talked to Fuji Guy Billy Leung at a camera show in Toronto last month. He's smart and knows more than you see on those videos.

Has anybody posting on this forum actually met any of the photographer's whose images made with this camera are appearing on the internet?
I've exchanged messages with Hugo Poon and a couple of others, but I haven't met any of those photographers in person.

Is this camera real?
If not, Fuji has gone to one Hell of a lot of trouble to fool everybody. Are you real? :loco:

sflxn

I was out walking today with my X100. It was a long, long walk through Manhattan. The X100 failed me every time on startup and AF. It was so bad, I actually cursed it. Fuji has a lot of work to do on this X Pro-1. Tomorrow, I'll probably go see the Chinese New Year's parade. The X100 is coming with me, but I am definitely also taking the D7000 with me. I'm just not sure the Fuji can be relied on for capturing shots. It is for this reason that I have no intention to preorder the XP1. I have the NEX 7 coming, and may sell the X100. I'll keep an eye out for reviews of the XP1, but Fuji has a lot of work to do to convinced people like me to give them another chance. I love the form factor and image quality, but the camera is no good if it fails to capture the shot with AF or MF. I now have enough experience with Fuji to not be fooled by the physical beauty of the XP1.

F

frelwa

Re: Is Elvis really Dead?

Is this camera real?

+1 :D

BTW no offence intended. Just a little overwhelmed by the marketing.
:poke: Truth: no offense taken. I guess I was overwhelmed by your sarcasm. :deadhorse: :D

Last edited:
F

frelwa

24 hidden X-Pro1 "insider" videos revealed

The Fuji Guys posted a private playlist of 24 videos on YouTube four days ago on Jan 25th. They're intended for Fuji dealers and employees, and they include some general videos and more short ones that cover specific features of the camera. One general introduction video warns viewers not to reveal any details until after the Jan. 9th CES introduction, so it was made before that date but only posted recently. Can't tell how old the others are.

Fuji Guys - Fujifilm X-Pro1 - YouTube

n.b. YouTube private videos don't appear in the sidebar list and searches don't find them. You have to have the link to them to see them.

;)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

Apparently available in Bangkok and demo at my favourite pusher's the coming weekend:

ptomsu

Workshop Member

Jorgen,

so you will get your X Pro 1 ?

Peter

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

Jorgen,

so you will get your X Pro 1 ?

Peter
I would love to, but I need the flexibility of the m4/3 system. An alternative would be to skip m4/3 and keep Nikon DSLRs for flexibility, using X Pro1 for travel, but it's a rather expensive system. When it comes to image quality, I have a feeling it's on the absolute peak of what small sensor cameras can do these days.

Here's an illustration that's probably part of Fuji's marketing material, but still:

... or should I simply dump everything else and go for the Fuji with 3 lenses only?

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member

Jorgen, although I am using the GXR presently, I am in a similar boat, but here's my take on it: I am not getting the Fuji UNTIL we see the M-adapter AND we see how it handles the UWAs that are such an important part of my work.

Two other problems for me: the tilt EVF on the GXR allows me to work in interiors a new, and better, way, and the Fuji will not be able to do this (although a simple right angle finder attachment that can look at the OVF/EVF would fix that immediately). The second is that, AFAIK, there is no peaking option presently enacted: I have become addicted to this with the GXR; it is 100% accurate for me.

I note though that Jono finds the magnification option on the excellent EVF of the NEX7 to be sufficient in this regard; I do not know how this is implemented in the Sony, but in the GXR it is perfectly toggled with the shutter button half press: a half press shows you the full frame, in colour, and one simply check framing and makes the image.

The Fuji, if fitted with an M adapter, and if it can focus easily with MF lenses, seems potentially awesome—and I would want the AF 30 and 45 lenses too; similar pricing to the GXR 'lensors". Interesting times, indeed.

pophoto

I've had it on order for a while now, but I'm getting nervous.... nervous that I will not like it. Fuji to me is like the new Lexus (copied Mercedes and BMW) trying to improve other establishments, not that it is new to the game, which you all know better than me.

However, both the X100 and the X10 are successful in many ways, bringing to the EVIL table quality products with large impact, unfortunately they have both failed me. The X100 didn't deliver for me the focusing performance necessary and while the X10 feels a little improved, the sensor size speaks for itself, lacking the IQ of its bigger brother but offering zoom, both I feel offering good lenses.

While it hasn't been released yet, and there's no way for me to know this, I feel I will be let down yet again by the same issues. Potentially all of its cameras can be legendary, and while many of you have lived happily with the X100 and X10, I have the desire that Fuji gets it ALL right! I feel that they are the closest thing (company) that can!

With the release of the X Pro1, I also feel that they will less likely release the successor to the X100 soon, which I want more than the X Pro1. While it's great to stick a M lens to a new camera, the compact size, elegance and feel of the X100 are a great asset. But now I feel Fuji will no longer want to release a X200 anytime soon, because of business politics. First, they want to sell many more lenses and accessories with the Pro system. If X200 gets it all right, I mean why would I still need to fork out for the Pro system. Horses for courses I hear you say. Sorry, it will always be a Leica M, DSLR, Medium format camera, and the rest are disposable cameras to an even greater extent.

Yes, I might be over thinking it and it's all speculation, but hey, X Pro1 and the three lenses and M-mount adapter will set me back another $3K at the least. Really?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

Kit,
I believe the M-adapter is available in Bangkok already. I'll check when I get back there (next week).