The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

new Fuji X Pro1 camera

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Well, great. I don't know what processing that CV 15/4.5 had on the X-Pro1, but the image looks good. As well, I have no idea how the image from the NEX 5N looks so poor—I have seen truly excellent images with that combination (but again, do not know what processing was used).

The same lens on the GXR is a personal fave, and that's without any in-camera tweaks.

monza

The 15 on the X-Pro1 is not particularly sharp at the corners, but the lack of color shift is interesting.

Kphelan

Re: new Fuji X Pro1 camera (formerly called "new camera")

I think this camera just needs to get widely released already.
I wholeheartedly agree. There is entirely too little official response from Fuji on when this camera will arrive. Aside from one voice at one store (Robert @ Precision Camera) there is precious little information on when this camera might arrive (in the States). Where is Kayce Baker and the Fuji Marketing Dept? How about a launch date? There was much fan-fair and applause at CES, and then... nothing.

---Kent

monza

I expect to get an update from the regional Fuji rep today, or tomorrow. Thanks for the comment, BTW. No longer at Precision though. ;)

monza

OK here you go:

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Robert Jagitsch <robert.jagitsch(a)gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Mark, everything still on target for end of month on the X-Pro1?
I'm contacting everyone on the pre-order list to separate the sure
customers from those on the fence.

Reply: "yes for sure"

dhsimmonds

Re: new Fuji X Pro1 camera (formerly called "new camera")

The harsh contrasty sunlit sample? Those are easy to produce with any and every camera/lens combo. Even the worst of the worst lenses tend to produce very decent images under such light. I could not understand the quest for such. :confused:
The difference is that as a working pro photographer, this was his camera of choice for the trip to India and Dubai and doubtless he will be paid good money for some of his images. :rolleyes:

Of course that doesn't mean that we are seeing his best images that might be reserved for paying clients! ;)

V

Vivek

Dave, I hope he gets paid a lot. :)

The question was about the "pop" and I took the wrong example but nevertheless I do not think even the photographer himself would disagree with what I said about contrasty light and equipment.

Erik_A

Well, I bit the bullet and purchased a Fuji X100. I was fence-sitting waiting to hear more about the X-Pro 1 before making my decision. What it came down to was, that I really prefer the 23mm (35mm equivalent) focal length (I use the Canon 5D and 35L 99% of the time). I know that Fuji will eventually release a 23mm for the X-pro 1; but since the focus speed seems to be about the same (between the X100 and the new body) I decided not to wait for the upcoming 23mm.

Brian Mosley

I think that's a good decision Erik.

There's a lot going for the X100... Fuji would be wise to bring an updated X100 with their new sensor to market as well as a 23mm lens for the X-Pro 1 - it would be worth the extra money to have all of the X100 features (refined with the next iteration).

Cheers

Brian

S

sebasco

Hi Eric,

Congratulations on your purchase of the x100. You will love the camera.

I own both the x100 and the x pro 1 and the AF speed on the x pro 1 when using the EVF is faster on the x pro 1 than the x 100. The AF speed when using the OVF on the x pro 1 is a lot faster in good light but about the same or even a tad slower in very low light. If I use the focus assist in low light, however, it is a tad faster also.

I bought the x pro 1 as I love the 50mm view and I would love the flexibility of eventually adding a zoom lens for travel.

What I will tell you is the major difference is that the image quality on the x 100 while excellent does not compare to the image quality on the x pro 1 with its new sensor and no AA filter.

Enjoy the camera!

Erik_A

Sebasco-

Thanks, I was hoping to hear more from photographers who are using both. I think that I will be more than happy with the X100's IQ. When I compare here: Imaging Resource "Comparometer" ™ Digital Camera Image Comparison Page the X100's examples at iso 6400 are cleaner than the 5D Mk1 at iso 3200. (The 5D is my main body and has the same 12 MP resolution). FYI select "all" not "current" to see the 5D classic on that site.

I typically downsize my 5D Mk 1 images anyway to 2400 x 3600 pixels (8x12 @ 300dpi) when converting from RAW to JPEG - so resolution isn't an issue.

For me it was the 23mm lens that I wanted now, and I was able to buy a used X100 here on the forum.

Cheers-

Erik

cam

Erik,

i think just because someone has one Fuji, doesn't mean they had to get the other... i have and love the X100 and, although i'm following this thread, have no desire to get the XPro1 -- it's just too big for my needs.

Zack's articles are great. he was one of the people who pushed me to get the X100 a few months ago when i was still dithering about it. i honestly have not been unhappy with the image quality in the least -- it is a secondary camera, though, but one i can carry with me everywhere... i don't regret the purchase in the least.

enjoy!

Jolly

Dear all,

I just bought a X1 Pro and a 35/1.4

The sensor has a great dynamic range even at high ISO and the lens is really a top class lens.

:)