The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

new Fuji X Pro1 camera

Agnius

Re: new camera

Looks promising, especially ProX1. I would like to see the quality of glass on that camera. As much as I like Leica M, if Fuji offers AF with similar quality, I might just convert. On the other hand, let's see what Leica comes up with... And if I can mount M glass on it with some focus assist modes, that just might do for me.

Direct link without Facebook redirect: https://wellsfargoadvisors.mworld.com/m/m.w?lp=GetStory&id=587442481

P.S. Release is dated "January 10, 2012". Is that how Fuji now "leaks" their releases hoping for them to go viral? Good luck with that. X100 was interesting, but I could never find one while I was interested in it, and this year they have lots of competition, like Ricoh GXR-M and Sony Nex-7. So if they promise something, they better deliver. Fuji is not Leica, I will not wait for months for a product to become available. Not gonna happen. So don't promise what you can't deliver.

V

Vivek

Robert, If this holds any semblance of truth (I hope it does), put me on your pre-order list for one with a standard lens plus the extra 2 rumored ones. :)

ray*j*gun

P.S. Release is dated "January 10, 2012". Is that how Fuji now "leaks" their releases hoping for them to go viral? Good luck with that. X100 was interesting, but I could never find one while I was interested in it, and this year they have lots of competition, like Ricoh GXR-M and Sony Nex-7. So if they promise something, they better deliver. Fuji is not Leica, I will not wait for months for a product to become available. Not gonna happen. So don't promise what you can't deliver.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree with you more! Here's hoping they do it right this time.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

What is all this negativism about? Here's exactly the camera that many of us have been hoping for, the natural next step after the X100. No AA filter, 6 colour sensor with random photosites (to avoid moiré), fast prime lenses, hybrid viewfinder (the optical part changing with the focal length) and with the image quality that Fuji normally digs out of their coffers, photographers will probably be able to take great images with this camera. In many ways, it looks like what the Contax G2 could have developed into if it had been continued into the digital era.

If it's available in February or November, who cares? Fuji seems to have developed a camera that I really, really want, and until I get one, I'll have the pleasure of looking forward to it (and I do have a couple of other cameras that I can use in the meantime) :)

Shashin

This is really really tempting. The down side for me personally is 3:2 format and a 53mm equiv. standard focal length--two things I have always had trouble with. The format I find a little narrow (or not narrow enough) and the focal length is just a bit tight. The 18mm lens is nice, though.

I would like to see if you can adapt lenses of different focal lengths and still use the optical finder. That might push me over into the buy column.

But it is a sexy camera.

monza

My guess is any adapted lenses would need the electrical contacts to properly use the optical finder, however, they should work in EVF mode...if Fujifilm allows 'shoot without lens' mode like other mirrorless cams.

fotografz

X-Pro1. OMG, the X100 is barely warmed up and ... :eek:

Hmmm, Pro1 ... suggests there will be a Pro2 before this one warms up.

The cash-sapping juggernaut never sleeps :ROTFL:

-Marc

Shashin

My guess is any adapted lenses would need the electrical contacts to properly use the optical finder, however, they should work in EVF mode...if Fujifilm allows 'shoot without lens' mode like other mirrorless cams.
Unless the camera allows you to specify focal length in the menus like you can for the IBIS for the Olympus Pens. But the zoom finder would need to be stepless and that may not be possible.

I have seen the Fuji and Sony EVFs and I really don't like them. Just a personal thing...

Shashin

X-Pro1. OMG, the X100 is barely warmed up and ... :eek:

Hmmm, Pro1 ... suggests there will be a Pro2 before this one warms up.

The cash-sapping juggernaut never sleeps :ROTFL:

-Marc
Which means we can pick up a Pro 1 cheap when everyone switches over to the 2...

Rawfa

This could be the first real chalenge to the NEX sensor, though if I had to guess I´d say this camera will be around us$1800 body only. Anyway, I´d happy enough if the 3 primes that Fuji is also releasing can be adapted to the NEX system with no vignetting or weird distortions :)

V

Vivek

Ah... and the lenses have aperture rings. It doesn't get gooder than that :)
It could be even better if what Rafael thinks is correct:

This could be the first real chalenge to the NEX sensor, though if I had to guess I´d say this camera will be around us$1800 body only. Anyway, I´d happy enough if the 3 primes that Fuji is also releasing can be adapted to the NEX system with no vignetting or weird distortions :)
If Fuji make them truly operable without any "X mount" (or whatever it will be)camera- i.e. manual aperture plus manual focus- then the indicated prices are quite cheap for the lenses.

Sony, Panasonic, etc and their "G" lenses will be collecting dust in vendors shelves. :ROTFL:

jonoslack

Wonderful
It looks gorgeous - but I can't think of a good reason to want one. . . .
erm. . . . aaah . . . .

No good - (except that it's gorgeous).

I bet it has really good scene modes :p

cam

Robert, If this holds any semblance of truth (I hope it does), put me on your pre-order list for one with a standard lens plus the extra 2 rumored ones. :)
add me to that list, too, please :p

Ah... and the lenses have aperture rings. It doesn't get gooder than that :)
i hope you're right! that, plus the ability to actually manually focus/fine tune would be lovely! (one of my biggest bugbears with the X100)

Erik_A

Is anyone selling their used x100s for $500 now? My guess is there will be quite a few on the market when this hits the shelves!