Site Sponsors
Page 13 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 650 of 4526

Thread: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

  1. #601
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    943
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    One last one from today with the CV15/4.5.....no crop....SOOC.

    No magenta corners or color smearing.



    R
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

  2. #602
    Senior Member Braeside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fife, Scotland (UK)
    Posts
    1,171
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Rich, that's great that 15 works so well, I am just waiting on my XP-1 arriving, and I have the CV15 (and an adaptor on order).

    The camera was supposed to be here yesterday but the carrier didn't turn up and is trying again this morning, fingers crossed!

    Edit: Camera + 35mm lens arrived, battery charging. Have updated the firmware as had enough charge in it.
    Looks very nice indeed.
    Last edited by Braeside; 12th May 2012 at 04:26. Reason: It arrived.
    David Anderson

  3. #603
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    3,339
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich M View Post
    Carl.......this photo made me feel happy.

    R
    Happy you are happy Rich
    Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    On that note, on to some content from this eve....

    Ashwin, All are great, but I really liked the shot of the batters. Great timing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    Fantastic colors in this image. Bravo, Carl!
    Thank you Ashwin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich M View Post
    Ashwin......you always catch the best Husky sports shots.......Bravo!!

    I'm a Husky too......(UConn )........how I ever ended up in Hawaii, I'll never know.
    R
    Me too Rich - UConn class of '59.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich M View Post
    A few from today with the 35. I have to figure out how to film bracket...the Velvia is pretty over the top at times.

    I'm going to have to bug Carl again.....I tried to get close to these jpegs (but not so vibrant and saturated) using RPP, but they seemed flat.

    I guess that's another discussion.

    R
    These look great Rich. Try boosting saturation to 30 -40 in RPP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich M View Post
    One last one from today with the CV15/4.5.....no crop....SOOC.

    R
    Great to see that the 15 is performing so well on the XP1. I need to dig mine out and give it a try.
    Carl
    Gallery

  4. #604
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    12,728
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    40

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by retow View Post
    Sorry, guys, but wee see photos of a content which should make us think and discuss or even do something. Whether or not a tool puts out technically good files is completely irrelevant in this context. Or did I missunderstand something?
    That is a constant reminder in the back of my mind before I pick up a camera which makes all my snaps, hmm..

    I am going to look up every single post of yours here (only 365) to search for some inspirational images.

  5. #605
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    12,728
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    40

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich M View Post
    One last one from today with the CV15/4.5.....no crop....SOOC.

    No magenta corners or color smearing.



    R

    Looking good, Rich!

  6. #606
    Member Jolly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    178
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Really nice pictures you all !!! it's always a pleasure to come back and see the new pics posted !


  7. #607
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,031
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Last posting for a spell...got no reaction/response to last set...probably due to deja vue all over again...so I'll back off for a while and enjoy the work of others.

    Here's a set from this AM's walk-around: 60/2.4 jpegs. Used the Velvia mode...like South Beach with the color. Tried the 90 Summicron R with Pro X adapter...like focusing through the bottom of a beer bottle.

    Nice image compliments to Ashwin, Carl, Lee, Rich...waiting to see Jim Radcliffe's first Pro X output.
    Last edited by benroy; 19th December 2014 at 08:22.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  8. #608
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    3,339
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by benroy View Post
    Last posting for a spell...got no reaction/response to last set...probably due to deja vue all over again...so I'll back off for a while and enjoy the work of others.

    Here's a set from this AM's walk-around: 60/2.4 jpegs. Used the Velvia mode...like South Beach with the color. Tried the 90 Summicron R with Pro X adapter...like focusing through the bottom of a beer bottle.

    Nice image compliments to Ashwin, Carl, Lee, Rich...waiting to see Jim Radcliffe's first Pro X output.
    Roy,

    Good subjects for Velvia. The second shot of the sign in particular really has nice velvia pop and good composition.
    Carl
    Gallery

  9. #609
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    ashwinrao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    3,271
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by benroy View Post

    Nice image compliments to Ashwin, Carl, Lee, Rich...waiting to see Jim Radcliffe's first Pro X output.
    Thanks, Roy!


    Hope Jim doesn't mind, but here are some pics and throughts of his of the XPro-1 from his site:

    Fuji X-Pro1 Photography by Jim Radcliffe
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

  10. #610
    Senior Member Hosermage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA, USA
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    I think you have misunderstood...not sure if we are on the same page, and as I don't understand your comment or inquiry...sorry...
    Not to speak for retow or anything, but I think I understand what he's saying. The series of shots with the signs made of children in troubled homes have a highly emotional and social political message. I hoped that when we see images like that, they should first tug at our hearts to feel for the children, before they tickle our minds about the composition or color rendering. They did made me look up the organization behind those signs, so Ashwin your shots did "good" work. And BTW, great photos, too!
    David Young
    My journey into Leica: LeicaLux.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  11. #611
    Senior Member Jim Radcliffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    627
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    Thanks, Roy!


    Hope Jim doesn't mind, but here are some pics and throughts of his of the XPro-1 from his site:

    Fuji X-Pro1 Photography by Jim Radcliffe
    No problem, Ashwin.. I've been in class for the last week with not a single opportunity to get out and shoot.. I hate it when that happens. May have a chance this weekend to take a few shots.

    So far I am amazed by the output of the X-Pro1 and the two lenses I own. The camera is fun to use and the icing on the cake is the amazing output. I love it and can't wait to pick up the 60mm to complete my set of lenses.

    The X-Pro1 may be the only camera I take with me during my upcoming trip to California.. there is a part of me that says take the K5 and a couple of lenses but I may just leave everything at home and concentrate on using the X-Pro1.

    I can honestly say that I have never owned a camera that has produced such amazing photos. That includes my M8 and my 5D and 5D MKII. I think the X-Pro1 beats them both on numerous levels and numerous ways.

    The AF is slow but then 99% of what I shoot does not require super fast AF capabilities.

    I am going to buy an M adapter and a Minolta adapter.. maybe even a K-Mount adpater.. I have so much glass and am truly thankful the X-Pro1 will be able to mount all of it... what a versatile camera it is.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com

  12. #612
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    ashwinrao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    3,271
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hosermage View Post
    Not to speak for retow or anything, but I think I understand what he's saying. The series of shots with the signs made of children in troubled homes have a highly emotional and social political message. I hoped that when we see images like that, they should first tug at our hearts to feel for the children, before they tickle our minds about the composition or color rendering. They did made me look up the organization behind those signs, so Ashwin your shots did "good" work. And BTW, great photos, too!
    Oh yes, now that clears it up. THanks, David....And yes, Retow, absolutely correct...

    Sorry to anyone who may have judged the images or my commentary about gear in that context as insensitive in anyway. My thought was to bring light to the images and their local impact.
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  13. #613
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    ashwinrao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    3,271
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Radcliffe View Post
    No problem, Ashwin.. I've been in class for the last week with not a single opportunity to get out and shoot.. I hate it when that happens. May have a chance this weekend to take a few shots.

    So far I am amazed by the output of the X-Pro1 and the two lenses I own. The camera is fun to use and the icing on the cake is the amazing output. I love it and can't wait to pick up the 60mm to complete my set of lenses.

    The X-Pro1 may be the only camera I take with me during my upcoming trip to California.. there is a part of me that says take the K5 and a couple of lenses but I may just leave everything at home and concentrate on using the X-Pro1.

    I can honestly say that I have never owned a camera that has produced such amazing photos. That includes my M8 and my 5D and 5D MKII. I think the X-Pro1 beats them both on numerous levels and numerous ways.

    The AF is slow but then 99% of what I shoot does not require super fast AF capabilities.

    I am going to buy an M adapter and a Minolta adapter.. maybe even a K-Mount adpater.. I have so much glass and am truly thankful the X-Pro1 will be able to mount all of it... what a versatile camera it is.

    Jim, You will love the 60. It's a bit slow to focus, particularly in Macro mode, but is entirely useable and produced fantastic output. I have an M mount, K mount, and R mount adapter, and find manually focussing to be acceptable, more challenging the slower the glass one has...

    I have tried a few captures with the 80 R summilux and 77FA and 31 FA lenses. Output is magical...
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

  14. #614
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1145

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Hey Jim,
    Looking forward to seeing what you come up with when you get a chance to shoot some more.

  15. #615
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    3,339
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    The AUTO dynamic range feature in the XP1 really works well. It correctly picked 400 (ISO 800) for this rhody blossom that was partly in full sun and the rest in shade. Processed from raw in RPP where I also pulled up the shadows a little and held back the highlight a bit more using the compressed exposure and black point settings.

    Carl
    Gallery
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

  16. #616
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Many beautiful images in this thread! I like

  17. #617
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    29

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Agreed, lovely bright images to be seen here

    Ashwin, do you have the FA77 to try with your K mount adapter?

  18. #618
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    943
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by scho View Post
    Happy you are happy Rich
    It doesn't take much these days

    Quote Originally Posted by scho View Post
    Me too Rich - UConn class of '59.
    Class of '72..... Go Huskies

    Quote Originally Posted by scho View Post
    Try boosting saturation to 30 -40 in RPP.
    Carl....thanks AGAIN......here is a shot in RPP (35mm and AutoDR). RPP retained a lot of detail lost in the jpeg. Not the greatest picture....just illustrative of the detail available in RAW.



    Here is a 1:1 crop......looks like it could stand alone actually.



    So my question is.....how is it possible to have so little noise in these files (no noise reduction was applied)? I thought originally that there was some in-camera voodoo going on in the JPEG engine to suppress it, but it would show up in RAW.

    I got rid of a Canon 7D because of noise at base ISO.....my GH2 has quite a bit too. So what's the deal?

    R
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  19. #619
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich M View Post
    It doesn't take much these days

    I got rid of a Canon 7D because of noise at base ISO.....my GH2 has quite a bit too. So what's the deal?

    R
    Now Rich, are you complaining?

    My XPro-1 + 35mm showed up today -- too incendiary to go out this afternoon, but early tomorrow!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  20. #620
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Fuji People:

    Brother Ashwin, Sean Reid, and this thread forced me to pick one of these up today. I'll add to the "Fun..." when I figure out which button to push.

    Cheers, Matt

    Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  21. #621
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    943
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by JCT View Post
    My XPro-1 + 35mm showed up today -- too incendiary to go out this afternoon,
    I think there is a film setting for quelling incendiary.......Ektachrome, if I recall......MUCH cooler.

    (I lived in Tucson for a while decades ago......before air conditioning lol....the rear window on my Ford Pinto exploded and the dashboard melted)

    R
    Last edited by Rich M; 13th May 2012 at 00:41.

  22. #622
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    943
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    All done in RPP, the first two with the ZM18/4 (no corner nonsense at all)....and the last two with the 35.

    The Hawaiian version of the brick wall shot












    Ya gotta LOVE this sensor.....(BTW.....self-portrait )


    R
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

  23. #623
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    3,339
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich M View Post
    It doesn't take much these days

    So my question is.....how is it possible to have so little noise in these files (no noise reduction was applied)? I thought originally that there was some in-camera voodoo going on in the JPEG engine to suppress it, but it would show up in RAW.

    I got rid of a Canon 7D because of noise at base ISO.....my GH2 has quite a bit too. So what's the deal?

    R
    Just that pure, clear Hawaiian air Rich.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich M View Post
    All done in RPP, the first two with the ZM18/4 (no corner nonsense at all)....and the last two with the 35.

    The Hawaiian version of the brick wall shot

    R
    Great color and that ZM 18 seems to be performing beautifully on the XP1. I should have kept mine, but sold it awhile ago along with the M8.
    Carl
    Gallery

  24. #624
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1145

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Rich - good job on the self portrait!

  25. #625
    Senior Member Braeside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fife, Scotland (UK)
    Posts
    1,171
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Rich, can't wait to get the L adaptor for my XP-1 now!
    Lovely shots and processing.

    I am completely lost with RPP, need to read the manual. I just pray that Aperture supports XP-1 soon, as that is my workflow normally.

    Spent the day going through the manual and playing generally, because the weather has broken down totally, driving rain, plus I am at the tail end of really bad bout of man flu.

    Looking forward to seeing more inspirational shots from you all.
    David Anderson

  26. #626
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    3,339
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    XP1 with Konica AR 85mm f/1.8. Raw conversion in RPP using APX25 film emulation and subsequent split toning in LR4.



    Original camera jpeg

    Last edited by scho; 13th May 2012 at 08:52. Reason: add image
    Carl
    Gallery

  27. #627
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    765
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Great shots everyone. A couple from me today with the 18mm, processed in RPP (with some sharpening added in LR). 1st one was using the K64 film simulation, the 2nd one using the RPP Velvia simulation, which is probably a little over the top!





    To be honest, I am not really sure whether I prefer the OOC JPEGs or something like RPP. It will be interesting once LR supports the RAWs for another option. I have a feeling that, compared to RPP output, the JPEGs can look a little 'JPEGGY' at times but maybe I am looking too closely.

    Lee
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

  28. #628
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1145

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by scho View Post
    XP1 with Konica AR 85mm f/1.8. Raw conversion in RPP using APX25 film emulation and subsequent split toning in LR4.
    Carl - not sure of the processing on this one. It seems a little crunchy and I'm not sure what part of the processing did it. Do yo have the original jpeg?

  29. #629
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    3,339
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Carl - not sure of the processing on this one. It seems a little crunchy and I'm not sure what part of the processing did it. Do yo have the original jpeg?
    You might be right Terry. The AXP25 transform is a bit harsh and I also may have over sharpened on top of that. Added camera jpeg to my post for comparison.
    Carl
    Gallery

  30. #630
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    3,339
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphie View Post
    Great shots everyone. A couple from me today with the 18mm, processed in RPP (with some sharpening added in LR). 1st one was using the K64 film simulation, the 2nd one using the RPP Velvia simulation, which is probably a little over the top!





    To be honest, I am not really sure whether I prefer the OOC JPEGs or something like RPP. It will be interesting once LR supports the RAWs for another option. I have a feeling that, compared to RPP output, the JPEGs can look a little 'JPEGGY' at times but maybe I am looking too closely.

    Lee
    Nice Lee. I like the K64 version best.
    Carl
    Gallery

  31. #631
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1145

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by scho View Post
    Nice Lee. I like the K64 version best.
    +1

  32. #632
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1145

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by scho View Post
    You might be right Terry. The AXP25 transform is a bit harsh and I also may have over sharpened on top of that. Added camera jpeg to my post for comparison.
    Yeah, I think I like the texture in the jpeg better.

  33. #633
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    765
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    This one was P160NC simulation in RPP. At first I didn't think I'd be able to get anywhere close to the Auto-DR JPEG rendering but with sone fiddling with the shadows sliders etc in LR it wasn't so hard.



    The longer I spend peeping the pixels the more I am convinced that the default settings for OOC JPEGs give nice sharp straight lines but detail in bushes etc tend to go a bit mushy.

    Lee
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  34. #634
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1145

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphie View Post
    The longer I spend peeping the pixels the more I am convinced that the default settings for OOC JPEGs give nice sharp straight lines but detail in bushes etc tend to go a bit mushy.

    Lee
    When I first got the camera we didn't have any real RAW options and I didn't really concentrate on the DR settings. So, when you use Auto DR and the camera makes adjustments what happens in the RAW exposure.

    I guess I can test this using the same scene at DR100 and then Auto DR or DR400 and compare the RAW and jpeg images from each setting.

  35. #635
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    765
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    When I first got the camera we didn't have any real RAW options and I didn't really concentrate on the DR settings. So, when you use Auto DR and the camera makes adjustments what happens in the RAW exposure.

    I guess I can test this using the same scene at DR100 and then Auto DR or DR400 and compare the RAW and jpeg images from each setting.
    Terry

    Like the X100, the RAWs are effectively 'under exposed' by 1 stop for DR200 and 2 stops for DR400.

    So, many of my auto-dr shots are very dark when opened in RPP. The same is true of X100 RAWs opened in LR - LR does not try to compensate, whilst Aperture and Silkypix do.

    I am hopeful that when LR supports X-Pro 1 that it may also try to automatically compensate for the auto-dr.

    The alternative is to shoot at DR100 and shoot like we always used to, preserving highlights by getting the exposure right and raising shadows in post. However, the auto-dr facility is just soooo convenient.

    Lee
    Last edited by Sapphie; 13th May 2012 at 10:03.

  36. #636
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,031
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Nice pics, Carl and Lee. Greens are very strong in the Velvia mode pics, aren't they?

    Roy Benson

  37. #637
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    ashwinrao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    3,271
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    The Accordian Player....XPro-1, color OOC JPEG's converted in LR4....35 Fujinon @ f/2ish









    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

  38. #638
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    3,339
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    The Accordian Player....XPro-1, color OOC JPEG's converted in LR4....35 Fujinon @ f/2ish









    Nice study Ashwin.
    Carl
    Gallery

  39. #639
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    106
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    got the 60mm in the mail last week. took it to shenandoah np fri and sat. it was a little too hazy for landscapes, but that was a good excuse to leave the 60mm on..







    Last edited by scifitographer; 13th May 2012 at 14:32.
    website | 500px
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  40. #640
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    3,339
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by scifitographer View Post
    got the 60mm in the mail last week. took it to shenandoah np fri and sat. it was a little too hazy for landscapes, but that was a good excuse to leave the 60mm on..
    Nice B&W image of the false Hellebore. My favorite woodland plant.
    Carl
    Gallery

  41. #641
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    943
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphie View Post
    Great shots everyone. A couple from me today with the 18mm, processed in RPP (with some sharpening added in LR). 1st one was using the K64 film simulation, the 2nd one using the RPP Velvia simulation, which is probably a little over the top!




    Lee
    Lee.......this has an idyllic feel to it.......very nice.

    R

  42. #642
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1145

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by scifitographer View Post

    Love the tonality of this shot.
    terry
    www.terrybanet.com
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  43. #643
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    106
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    thanks scho and terry.

  44. #644
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    943
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    It may not be the classic "Zeiss pop".....but I'll take it.

    ZM18


    It's interesting......no sharpening in RPP or in LR4, but it certainly looks like sharpening was applied. Is it the lens?

    R
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

  45. #645
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Today, was my first time out with my XPro-1. I shot this morning with only RAW output. Now, I'll have to figure out SilkyPix to see those.

    Photos below were jpegs taken this evening.

    XPro-1; 60mm f/2.4; 1/90s @ f/8; ISO 1600


    XPro-1; 60mm f/2.4; 1/180s @ f/2.4; ISO 200


    XPro-1; 60mm f/2.4; 1/180s @ f/2.4; ISO 200


    XPro-1; 60mm f/2.4; 1/220s @ f/3.6; ISO 200


    XPro-1; 60mm f/2.4; 1/90s @ f/11; ISO 360


    XPro-1; 60mm f/2.4; 1/90s @ f/8; ISO 200


    XPro-1; 60mm f/2.4; 1/90s @ f/8; ISO 200


    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll,zenfolio.com
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  46. #646
    Senior Member The Smoking Camera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    502
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Nice shooting everyone.
    Lots of excellent photos since I last posted.
    XP1 autofocus could not keep up with ballerinas at rehearsal, but did fine in low light "no action" shots.
    Here are a few.

    35 f/1/4 iso 1600


    35 f/1/4 iso 1600


    35 f/2.5 iso 3200
    ........................................
    Joe
    www.thesmokingcamera.com
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

  47. #647
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    943
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Today, was my first time out with my XPro-1. I shot this morning with only RAW output. Now, I'll have to figure out SilkyPix to see those.

    Photos below were jpegs taken this evening.

    XPro-1; 60mm f/2.4; 1/90s @ f/8; ISO 1600

    Matt......I like the reflections in this one....

    R

  48. #648
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1145

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Smoking Camera View Post
    Nice shooting everyone.
    Lots of excellent photos since I last posted.
    XP1 autofocus could not keep up with ballerinas at rehearsal, but did fine in low light "no action" shots.
    Here are a few.
    These look really good. You did capture moments. What would have happened in you pre focused at that distance and switched over to manual focus? Think you could get action at all?
    Last edited by Terry; 14th May 2012 at 03:32.

  49. #649
    Senior Member The Smoking Camera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    502
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    These look really good. You did capture moments. What would have happened in you pre fouled at that distance and switched over to manual focus? Think you could get action at all?
    Thanks Terry.
    I often zone focus for street shooting, but I wanted to see if autofocus worked here.
    Surprisingly, the camera did autofocus on the subject about half the time, it just took too long so there was no way to capture the moment.
    Your suggestion will more likely capture the moment, but I will have to improve my manual focus skills for it to work.
    ........................................
    Joe
    www.thesmokingcamera.com

  50. #650
    Member teeraash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    219
    Post Thanks / Like

    re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

    Joe, they are great. Nice captures, brilliant color.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •