The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Braeside

I processed this using the Fuji raw converter but it only outputs 8bit & Adobe RGB to generate a tiff for PS. I'd rather produce 16bit ProPhotoRGB raws and so maybe I need to look at RPP or Silkypix for that until we have ACR support.
Graham RAW file converter EX (Powered by SilkyPix) has a development option of 16 bit TIFF AdobeRGB. Under Development menu - Settings for developed image...

Ario, The greens do not look natural.
Agree, are darker and more saturated than normal, too much for my taste.
The color film simulation I have used in this case is the V50 (Velvia) but the actual purpose of the shot was to search for artifacts and aliasing.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Agree, are darker and more saturated than normal, too much for my taste.
The color film simulation I have used in this case is the V50 (Velvia) but the actual purpose of the shot was to search for artifacts and aliasing.
Interesting that you folks think that these greens aren't natural. They exhibit the typical 'blue' green that velvia normally produces vs the yellowish greens that most DSLRs seem to favor, Canon in particular.

I guess it's a matter of taste. I'm not a fan of punchy bright yellowish greens so I guess there's my bias. :D

tom in mpls

Interesting that you folks think that these greens aren't natural. They exhibit the typical 'blue' green that velvia normally produces vs the yellowish greens that most DSLRs seem to favor, Canon in particular.

I guess it's a matter of taste. I'm not a fan of punchy bright yellowish greens so I guess there's my bias. :D
I like it. Funny how "natural" color can be so hard to assess.

woodyspedden

Nice Lee. I like the K64 version best.
Carl

I am just picking up my X1P today. I understand that you have a profile for the RPP and I was wondering if you could help me with how to install this.

Contact me at [email protected]

Thanks in advance for your help

Woody

V

Vivek

I have shot with Velvia and had to always expose it "correctly" to get the greens right. Never liked that blue green green. Unnatural. :D

Terry

Well you can always:

1)shoot raw and develop to taste in camera
2)shoot a film bracket with multiple choices

That way you can see what you like best.

Carl

I am just picking up my X1P today. I understand that you have a profile for the RPP and I was wondering if you could help me with how to install this.

Contact me at [email protected]

Thanks in advance for your help

Woody
To install an ICC profile in RPP ypu have to copy it into library/application support/RPP/profiles after that it will be available in the drop down menù under Profiles whenever you open a raw file.
If you whish you can also try this profile I have created, the one I normally use:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11389216/FUJIFILM X-Pro1 ISO200 _cloudy.icc

Lovely image Jolly.
Great shot Graham.
Rich, definitely looks IRish.
Carl, keep up the wonderful posts.
Ario, I may have to try RPP soon.
Matt, very nicely done.
Sorry, for forgetting others, but I can't keep up with this thread.

scho

A split tone monochrome from the Arboretum series with the XP1. This was using the 60mm.

Terry

I even can figure out which way is north :)
Well done. Looks like Yosemite was the place to be for the moon. I was along the coast and it was too hazy.