The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Braeside

Gary, glad you caught it! - yours is the first photo I have seen of this transit, as I just tuned in here before going to the BBC site.

Clouded out here, same as the last time a few years back...

Cheers

scho

XP1 with the Konica AR 50mm f/1.7. A 4 shot stitch of complex cloud formation over Cayuga Inlet., looking south.

Same, 3 shot stitch looking north towards boatyard.

Processed from raw in LR4.1.

Last edited:

scho

Just another example of the excessive smoothing in LR4.1 as compared to RPP. I also applied moire removal (100%) to the RPP tiff file to remove artifacts in the wood grain. These are 100% crops from a LR screen grab.
Open image in new window to see fine detail.

Last edited:

Detlef_g

hi,

I would like to share a picture of my first test Foto session with the Fuji X pro 1 as portrait camera. The camera behave different to my H3D, it needs a different work flow, but I get much more flexibility. I love the result.

X pro 1 35mm ; ISO 200; 1/140 F:2

Detlef

Terry

hi,

I would like to share a picture of my first test Foto session with the Fuji X pro 1 as portrait camera. The camera behave different to my H3D, it needs a different work flow, but I get much more flexibility. I love the result.

X pro 1 35mm ; ISO 200; 1/140 F:2

Detlef
Looks good. Was that just straight natural light ?

Thanks to everyone posting Lightroom 4.1 results which are somewhat discouraging.
I use Aperture (still waiting), but I did download a demo version of LR.
Bottom line: I could not improve on Fuji's OOC jpegs.
The jpegs below (one of which I posted awhile back) are from an amateur video shoot.
I had about five minutes to take these photos while the video camera was shooting.
Nothing special, just an example of the 60mm as a portrait lens in natural light.
All shot wide open.

scho

Thanks to everyone posting Lightroom 4.1 results which are somewhat discouraging.
I use Aperture (still waiting), but I did download a demo version of LR.
Bottom line: I could not improve on Fuji's OOC jpegs.
The jpegs below (one of which I posted awhile back) are from an amateur video shoot.
I had about five minutes to take these photos while the video camera was shooting.
Nothing special, just an example of the 60mm as a portrait lens in natural light.
All shot wide open.
Beautiful work Joe. You are a master of the XP1 jpeg.:thumbs: Do you set a custom white balance on location or are you using a preset?

scho

I went to the Cornell Arboretum with my wife to get plants for her garden and while she was looking at the plant sale I took a walk along their woodland stream path nearby. Lighting was horrible mid-day bright sun and deep shade, but nice and cool. I salvaged this shot processed in RPP (default profile in latest beta). XP1 with the 18mm f/2.