The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

No way to know if he was viewing through the live view display or the optical display. If optical, there is a significant error from what you see

Woody
The error induced by the OVF goes in the opposite direction, what you see in the OVF is much less than what is captured by the sensor.

scho

Two shots from a walk along the lake with the XP1 and Konica 50m f/1.7.

Two Turtles

Goose Feathers

scho

That's a sharp little lens Carl. PP'ed in LR or RPP?

R
Hi Rich,

These were just done in LR, but I still do all landscapes with detail in RPP until Adobe fixes (I'm wondering if they really can) 4.1. I looked back at some old threads on the Adobe Labs Lightroom forum and remembered this same problem with the "watercolor/cartoon" raw processing effect way back in the days of LR 1.x.

Rich M

Thanks Carl.....

Just got back from an eight day trip to SW Utah. One of my favorite places on the planet. Totally relaxing.....lots of hiking, some long horseback rides, a little trout fishing and really great weather (high 80's daytime, 30-40's at night).

95% of my shots were with the CV12/5.6 and the Fujinon 18/2. I'd have to say I preferred the Fujinon.....the M-mount adapter focuses the CV12 just a tad past infinity (like it should), but more than a few times it made a visible difference when I did not pay heed.

Here is a shot of the Virgin River with the CV12, developed in RPP (the newest beta).

This camera is the best I have ever owned for landscapes coupled with hiking. Light, capable at all ISO's and virtually problem free.

R

scho

Thanks Carl.....

Just got back from an eight day trip to SW Utah. One of my favorite places on the planet. Totally relaxing.....lots of hiking, some long horseback rides, a little trout fishing and really great weather (high 80's daytime, 30-40's at night).

95% of my shots were with the CV12/5.6 and the Fujinon 18/2. I'd have to say I preferred the Fujinon.....the M-mount adapter focuses the CV12 just a tad past infinity (like it should), but more than a few times it made a visible difference when I did not pay heed.

Here is a shot of the Virgin River with the CV12, developed in RPP (the newest beta).

This camera is the best I have ever owned for landscapes coupled with hiking. Light, capable at all ISO's and virtually problem free.

R
Beautiful shot Rich and gorgeous country. I'm hoping to get back to the SW next year.

Rich M

Beautiful shot Rich and gorgeous country. I'm hoping to get back to the SW next year.
Carl.......it was too long a time away for me, over ten years. Hope it won't be that long until my next trip there.

This is a shot coming up the Queen's Garden trail in Bryce with the Fuji18 in LR.

R

nandemofoto

I thought it is almost impossible to cut the feet off while using liveview cams.
I guess that was a picture critique?
No way to know if he was viewing through the live view display or the optical display. If optical, there is a significant error from what you see

Woody
The error induced by the OVF goes in the opposite direction, what you see in the OVF is much less than what is captured by the sensor.
Especially at the bottom of the frame.
It was shot from a hip with zone focusing, the girl turned towards me as I was passing by...
I usually do street with wider lenses so the 35mm Fujinon required some adjusting of my habits and my perception of FOV.
Wrote about it on my blog Streets of Nagoya with X-Pro1 and Fujinon 35mm f1.4

Last edited:

scho

A gorgeous day to be outside with just a light breeze, 72 degrees, and blue sky. We went for lunch to a little vineyard bistro on Cayuga Lake. Three shot stitch from the XP1+18mm f/2.

An iPhone shot of from the road going down to the bistro.

Last edited:

Rich M

Here's a few more shots of SW Utah.

I love the geology here.......Waterpocket Fold, a place where one can see sandstone strata dating backing 270 million years. The cool thing is that due to the upthrust of the Colorado plateau, the older layers are on top.

For more information....

NPS: Nature & Science» Geology Resources Division

All shot with the 18mm and developed in LR.

I could have spent a few weeks here.

R

Simon, Jolly,Terry, Carl and Rich - your photos on this page are superb and inspiring.
My guess is GetDPI has more talented Fuji photographers than any other forum.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
A few quick shots from my Palouse trip. Not a lot of time to process... more to come

Good to see that you are enjoying our "Tuscany"! :D

These shots remind me of why I'm not missing any portable camera other than my Leica M9. The colour and tonality of the Fuji is just outstanding.