Page 56 of 91 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,800 of 4525

Thread: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1

Quote Originally Posted by krist8 View Post
    Main street of old city
    very nice Pictures, and a nice re-visit, for my part. I stayed there for a week 19 years old (long time ago) travelling around alone in eastern-Euroupe in wintertime in an old VW van, and after have being snowed-in in Sarajevo in a wild snowstorm.
    Nice to see they have been restoring Buildings after that terrible Civil-war. But don't know whats left in the old part of Sarajevo and Mostar.
    thorkil
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Subscriber Member Streetshooter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day Parade All X-E1 with the 15mm Heliar or 35mm 1.4

11-13-0651.jpg by streetshooter.net, on Flickr

11-13-0660.jpg by streetshooter.net, on Flickr

11-13-0704.jpg by streetshooter.net, on Flickr

11-13-0701.jpg by streetshooter.net, on Flickr
    Cheers, Don
    http://streetshooter.net
    Flickr
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thorkil View Post
    very nice Pictures, and a nice re-visit, for my part. I stayed there for a week 19 years old (long time ago) travelling around alone in eastern-Euroupe in wintertime in an old VW van, and after have being snowed-in in Sarajevo in a wild snowstorm.
    Nice to see they have been restoring Buildings after that terrible Civil-war. But don't know whats left in the old part of Sarajevo and Mostar.
    thorkil
    Thanks for all the "likes". Yes, there is no sign of war at all, except at the top of the hill where the cable car terminal is. Behind that hill, there were a few holes on the hill side , looking like bombardments from cannons. There is also a war museum up there now. Anyway, it was a nice short visit for me. Nice scenery and great food.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Fun With The Fuji X100s

Some shots from Venice, Italy

Fuji X100s, iso 6400, f2, 1/17sec

Fuji X100s, iso 400, f2, 1/70sec

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The X-E2 at a wedding...

I don't shoot weddings. I have been asked to do so numerous times but always refuse. I don't have the manpower or proper equipment. When I attend a wedding I always bring a camera with me just to see what I can get.

This shot was taken at the wedding of the daughter of the owner of the company I work for. It is a shot of his daughter and her husband during their first dance. I used the Fuji X-E2 and the 35mm f/1.4 and did the B&W conversion in Lightroom and final post work in Photoshop CS6. This was a JPG.

I would have taken more but did not wish to interfere with the pro that was hired to shoot the wedding. He had a staff of four shooting Canon gear while also using high-end video equipment being remotely controlled. This shot is certainly not perfect but I enjoyed being a "Wedding Photographer" for just a few minutes.

Fuji X-E2 - 35mm 1/60 f/1.4 at ISO 800

Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fun With The Fuji X100s

| Leica M9 | 35mm Summilux ASPH | 50mm Summilux ASPH | 50mm Noctilux ASPH | 75mm Summicron ASPH |
    | Leica S2-P | Grip | 35mm Summarit ASPH | 70mm Summarit ASPH | 120mm Summarit ASPH|
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E2

Nice wedding shot, Jim.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ceklund View Post
    Nice wedding shot, Jim.
    Thanks.. you know, as I look at this photo I can't help but remember what my old B&W shots with TRI-X used to look like and that was at ASA 400. Here is an ISO 800 shot with hardly any noise to speak of.

I also think of those who once declared that Digital will never replace film. It's a wonderful time to be a photographer, isn't it?
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jim,

these shots you did with the XE2 are just marvelous.

Starts me thinking to get one soon. Have sold my X Pro 1 as I could not get along with not so ideal AF. But I think the XE2 would do a much better job for me.

Please keep posting

Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    Hi Jim,

these shots you did with the XE2 are just marvelous.

Starts me thinking to get one soon. Have sold my X Pro 1 as I could not get along with not so ideal AF. But I think the XE2 would do a much better job for me.

Please keep posting

Peter
    Thanks, Peter... my X-Pro 1 is packed back in the original boxes with all the goodies that came with it.. waiting for a buyer on Craig's List. I prefer to sell local after an incident a few years ago when a guy online bought one of my lenses and then told me it had a scratch on the lens...(which it did not) he wanted his money back.. which I gave him once the lens was back in my hands. Turns out "the scratch" was nothing more than a spec of dust easily removed with a micro-fibre cloth.. I think he really just wanted to play with it to see if it was to his liking... won't do that again.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jim,

I read different opinions about the AF-improvement of the X-E1 over the X-Pro1/X-E1.

Some people say it is significant better, others say it is a minor improvement and not worth the upgrade (for AF speed alone).

What is your experience with AF differences?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I tried today the XE2 at my dealer and compared it to the XE1. My impressions (from some 15 minutes playing around):

1) EVF is SIGNIFICANTLY better - sharper, faster, more accurate colors and the diopter adjustment is stiffer to adjust, which is a huge advance IMHO because it cannot readjust as easy as with XE1. Still not as nice as EVF of the EM1, but fully useable now, a huge improvement and I could really live with it!

2) AF is much faster in low light and as far as I could check more accurate. I only can speak for S-AF, as I did not try C-AF.

3) Of course the rear LCD is also MUCH better (larger and higher resolution) - also more accurate color

Would I not just have bought the EM1, I would not hesitate a second to get the XE2. So I will wait a bit and see what of the rumored news from Fuji will arrive next year. There is the rumor for something in between the XPro1 and the XE2 - not sure if that is valid, but sounds interesting. And of course there should be the XPro2 .....

Post Thanks / Like

I tried today the XE2 at my dealer and compared it to the XE1. My impressions (from some 15 minutes playing around):

2) AF is much faster in low light and as far as I could check more accurate. I only can speak for S-AF, as I did not try C-AF.
    Do you know by accident, which FW version was installed on the X-E1?

AF on the X-E1 seems to be improved a lot with the newest FW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4711 View Post
    Do you know by accident, which FW version was installed on the X-E1?

AF on the X-E1 seems to be improved a lot with the newest FW.
    No, sorry I do not know that. Anyway I think that the XE2 is much faster because of faster processing and better AF capabilities of the sensor - which definitely will show results especially in not so great lightning conditions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jim, awesome work. I just got my X-E2 last week, can't wait to take it out for a test spin.
    I have gone all primes, Fuji 14, 23, 35, and Zeiss 50/2ZM and 85/4ZM

Nice to see that some sis not just jump to the new Sony A7, A7R
    I was tempted to go with the A7 not the R version, yet at the end of the say I went with the Fuji.
    Steven Kornreich
    www.kuau.com

Senior Member Nathan W. Lediard's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

re: Fun with the Fuji X ___!

From a shoot today for a local artist for her xmas card, most of the shots were done on my hassy, but I always have my trusty X-pro 1 in my bag so I pulled it out to try out my new 18-55...
    Arri T1 lighting and Profoto backlighting (gridded beauty dish to supply some moonlight)

18.8mm f2.8 iso 2000 1/340

Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Awesome!
    Thanks Lloyd!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan W. Lediard View Post
    From a shoot today for a local artist for her xmas card, most of the shots were done on my hassy, but I always have my trusty X-pro 1 in my bag so I pulled it out to try out my new 18-55...
    Arri T1 lighting and Profoto backlighting (gridded beauty dish to supply some moonlight)

18.8mm f2.8 iso 2000 1/340

Really great shot!
    Life is an ever changing journey
    http://photography.tomsu.eu/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_...tography/sets/

Post Thanks / Like

Really great shot!
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan W. Lediard View Post
    Thanks
    Makes me feel bad as I sold my XPro1 because of too slow AF for shooting. But I am getting back into Fuji now with the XE2 - as soon as I can get one, hopefully before Xmas. Which should solve my AF speed problems

The 18-55 was my preferred lens on the XPro1!

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone comment on moving from the X-E1 to the X-E2, and advantages to the new body in real world use? Noticeable improvement in AF speed? Improvements in viewfinder make manual focus easier in low light? Image quality differences?
    Shaun O'Boyle
    new.oboylephoto.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by soboyle View Post
    Can anyone comment on moving from the X-E1 to the X-E2, and advantages to the new body in real world use? Noticeable improvement in AF speed? Improvements in viewfinder make manual focus easier in low light? Image quality differences?
    I can since I did go for the upgrade.
    For me the improved implantation of the EVF was worth it for me and all the other new features and improvements. In regards to AF speed, this was never an issue for me. I shot mostly landscapes so AF performance means zero but AF accuracy does. Oh yeah, peaking works 100% better then the XE1
    So yes major improvements on manual focus. I have to Zeiss ZM lenses I use all the time and now focusing is a breeze. I hates the way the XE1 EVF would always auto compensate so I never new where I was at on exposure but with the XE2 and sudo WYSIWYG makes life much easier.
    Steven Kornreich
    www.kuau.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fun with the Fuji X20

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a great rig:

Olympus OM-D E-M5, December 09, 2013 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by 4711 View Post
    Hi Jim,

I read different opinions about the AF-improvement of the X-E1 over the X-Pro1/X-E1.

Some people say it is significant better, others say it is a minor improvement and not worth the upgrade (for AF speed alone).

What is your experience with AF differences?

Thanks
    Sorry for the delay in response.. I've been visiting my mother and sister in Virginia and just got back this evening.

I say the AF speed is better.. leaps and bounds? No.. but better, Yes.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jim I have a few questions for you, hope you don't mind to answer.

First I must say that I didn't make the jump YET from film just because I wasn't pleased with what I was seing and because the digital cameras are full of nonsens useless settings and buttons making the use of the camera very un-friendly.

1) I believe this XE2 is straight forward to use, similar to film with one button one function and I don't need many, no need to deep into menus, so please confirm this. All I need is ISO, shutter and aperture, center and spot metering. Ok add a review and a delete button.
    2) Any idea of how M lenses would play on this camera beside the crop factor of course ? Or do you think the actual Fuji lenses are on par then manual Leica lenses bring no IQ advantages and should go on craig list. (well that is just to say because I am not sure I will ever do that
    3) When you set to 1:1, how is it displaid in the VF ? Just the square and black around it or frame lines over the full frame or else ? I love square format and I am probably one of the few funny guys around praising this setting.

As it is, this camera float my boat, if it had the Olympus IS and a flipping screen it would be ideal but I can wait another ten years before getting it.

If your pictures presented here are straight out of the box, then you have plenty to be pleased with, they are lovely.

Thanks for your answer.
    Michel

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Michael.. your questions....

1) I believe this XE2 is straight forward to use, similar to film with one button one function and I don't need many, no need to deep into menus, so please confirm this. All I need is ISO, shutter and aperture, center and spot metering. Ok add a review and a delete button.

The X-E2 is similar in many ways to a film camera. You set the ISO, adjust shutter speed and aperture to your heart's content. But.. it also has the benefit of digital technology which means you can actually see what those settings will do in the EVF as well as on the LCD.

2) Any idea of how M lenses would play on this camera beside the crop factor of course ? Or do you think the actual Fuji lenses are on par then manual Leica lenses bring no IQ advantages and should go on craig list. (well that is just to say because I am not sure I will ever do that

The M lenses with the M adapter should be quite good. I have no M lenses left other than an old 90mm.. will have to try it but I do not have the M adapter. The Fuji lenses are very good. Not as good as Leica but very close. Don't sell those Leica lenses.. don't make the mistake I made in selling them. That said, Leica lenses cost a freakin' fortune and honestly, bang for the buck the Fuji beats the pants off of Leica lenses. Leica will always have its signature look due to those amazing lenses and being full frame but for those with more sense than money.. the Fuji is a very good alternativesystem and a great buy. You can buy the entire Fuji system for what an M body costs with money left over... and that includes all the Fuji lenses as well.

3) When you set to 1:1, how is it displaid in the VF ? Just the square and black around it or frame lines over the full frame or else ? I love square format and I am probably one of the few funny guys around praising this setting.

Yes, you see a square with black border in the EVF and the LCD.. I prefer that to frame lines any day.. you see exactly what you will capture.

I will say this again... the Fuji is everything I like about a rangefinder without it actually being a rangefinder. I don't want to use manual focus all the time... one of the reasons I sold my Leica. I am very happy with the X-E2.. so much so that I have put my X-Pro 1 up for sale on Craig's List. It's smaller, lighter and better.

My only real gripe is that Fuji has not offered an eye-cup for use in certain situations... not a problem most of the time but every now and then you do need to shield the viewfinder from bright sunlight.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com

Post Thanks / Like

Will finally get my XE2 next Monday, was a bit of shortage here in Austria ....

I am very excited and really looking forward to this camera!

Post Thanks / Like

Ron Smith
    Flickr
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

18-55mm - Probably the best kit lens I've owned

Two examples of why I keep the 18-55 on my X-E2 most of the time.

This is a shot of my brother in law that I took last Saturday while visting my sister in Richmond, Virginia. The only light was from a table lamp to his right and not a very bright one at that.

I took this one late today while waiting for my meal to arrive using the 18-55 with the X-E2 in macro mode.

I love the 35 but the 18-55 is just more versatile and a good fit for the X-E2. Most kit lenses are not very good but the Fuji 18-55 flat out beats any kit lens I have ever owned for any camera.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a wonderful face, Jim. Merry Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful photos Jim!

I only can confirm that also from my experience the 18-55 is one of the best (if not the best) zoom in that range!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Radcliffe View Post
    Michael.. your questions....

The X-E2 is similar in many ways to a film camera. You set the ISO, adjust shutter speed and aperture to your heart's content. But.. it also has the benefit of digital technology which means you can actually see what those settings will do in the EVF as well as on the LCD.

The M lenses with the M adapter should be quite good. I have no M lenses left other than an old 90mm.. will have to try it but I do not have the M adapter. The Fuji lenses are very good. Not as good as Leica but very close. Don't sell those Leica lenses.. don't make the mistake I made in selling them. That said, Leica lenses cost a freakin' fortune and honestly, bang for the buck the Fuji beats the pants off of Leica lenses. Leica will always have its signature look due to those amazing lenses and being full frame but for those with more sense than money.. the Fuji is a very good alternativesystem and a great buy. You can buy the entire Fuji system for what an M body costs with money left over... and that includes all the Fuji lenses as well.

Yes, you see a square with black border in the EVF and the LCD.. I prefer that to frame lines any day.. you see exactly what you will capture.

I will say this again... the Fuji is everything I like about a rangefinder without it actually being a rangefinder. I don't want to use manual focus all the time... one of the reasons I sold my Leica. I am very happy with the X-E2.. so much so that I have put my X-Pro 1 up for sale on Craig's List. It's smaller, lighter and better.

My only real gripe is that Fuji has not offered an eye-cup for use in certain situations... not a problem most of the time but every now and then you do need to shield the viewfinder from bright sunlight.
    Thanks Jim for your answer, I think I am sold, the camera doesn't seems to be on sale here yet, a matter of month.

Post Thanks / Like

Will finally get my XE2 next Monday, was a bit of shortage here in Austria ....

I am very excited and really looking forward to this camera!
    I will be interested in your conclusions and how it compares to the newest generation mft in terms of performance. If the Fujis were as fast and reliable in AF, they would leave mft in the dust as far as I`m concerned, no matter the more complete lens line up for the smaller sensor system. However, the X-Pro1 and XE-1 simply were not up to the task.

Post Thanks / Like

My first impressions with the Fuji XE2 (got it this afternoon), mainly in comparison to the XPro1 - which I sold some months ago:

1) EVF much MUCH better than XPro1 - actually that good that I do not miss the OVF. Although the EM1 EVF is a tick better (because larger but not sharper) - which is not possible in the small XE2 design. And the WYSYWIG effect is wonderful - just as what you see in the final picture - was also not possible with XPro1.

2) AF (S-AF) much faster than XPro1 and really useable also in low light. Also not up to the Olympus EM1 S-AF, but these differences are just minor for me and I think comes also from the still a bit larger and heavier lenses of the X system. Did not test C-AF so far.

3) Handling and menus of the XE2 are wonderful, huge improvement over the old menus (from 1/2 year ago in the XPro1). Also the size is much better for me as the XPro1.

4) Responsiveness: feels much more responsive than the XPro1 - might be due to the now processor.

5) Files: so far I love these files and they are better than from the EM1, especially OOC JPEGs. And film simulation modes are just so great! I really missed it with the EM1.

Overall for me it was worth the upgrade from XPro1 to XE2! I really love it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I think all too often people expect one camera to do it all and rarely does any camera meet all the requirements.

I want a full frame camera in a very small body with small but very fast lenses.

I want a hammer that I can saw with.

I want to be able to shoot at ISO 56000 with low noise.

I want a 4 cylinder engine that rivals a V8 in pickup and performance... oh and it needs to get at least 40 miles to the gallon.

Sorry, I just came back from a visit to the "other" forum. It occurs to me that many people do not understand the physics involved when it comes to lenses and sensor size.

There appears to be three reasons people want Fuji to produce a full frame X-Trans camera..

They want full frame for that shallow depth of field and bokeh.

They want full frame because it allows them to print huge photographs.

They want full frame because they heard that was best.. no other reason.. they just heard it somewhere.

From the old Bogart movie.. Treasure of the Sierra Madre...

Bogart: If you're a professional photographer where are your credentials and full frame camera?

Photographer (Poser): Credentials? I don't need no credentials... I don't have to show you no credentials.... and I don't need no stinkin' full frame camera.

Watch this clip.. here.

Ok.. enough fun for tonight. I guess me and one other guy are the only ones here with an X-E2.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well Jim... I just joined this forum and will be ordering an X-E2 in the next few days... Fuji sale ending 12/24... just making the final decision on which lenses to buy along with the 18-55.

Thanks to your post... I'll not expect too much from my X-E2 at 51,200 iso and try not to use it as a hammer!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E2

Good one, Jim. And with their guns blazing all over on the the next scene, I suppose the same could be told for those who derive so much delight with their XE-2. Let the shooting do all the talking.

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

No complaints with my X-E2. All the FF BS is amusing to me and seems to be coming from people who evidently don't understand the ethos of fuji's X series.

Why would they even consider alienating their X series lens buyers? They won't.
    Ylem ...

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure why this silly discussion about FF Fuji is coming up again and again! Fuji invented the X system on purpose and the decision was very wise.

FF today is slowly moving into the areas of MF - see D800E, A7r, etc. But the price for FF is really the size and weight of the lenses, even if you make the system mirror less.

APSC and m43 mirror less are obviously the new paths to go. Both allow for much smaller lenses and body sizes (the XE2 being the latest great example from Fuji), with the option for even smaller, if you go m43.

All people who are asking for a Fuji FF are not considering this whole picture IMHO and it would make Fuji look stupid to introduce a FF system 2-3 years after launching their X system. Not too much what you could gain from FF, except much more expensive and larger lenses.

If there would be another Fuji digital system which makes sense, it would be something larger than FF, like Leica S system for example. But this is a totally different story.

Suggest let people complain and stay further glue less if they ask for FF Fuji
    Life is an ever changing journey
    http://photography.tomsu.eu/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_...tography/sets/

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

People from Fuji stated years ago that they had no intention of moving into 35mm digital and that they believed the future of digital photography existed mainly in the smaller formats. When I see the photos taken with Fuji's new cameras and lenses, I don't doubt for a second that they are right. With the amazing large aperture lenses made for smaller formats now available from several sources, I have started questioning the purpose of 35mm digital, at least for my own use. My excellent D700 is mostly gathering dust, and should probably be traded in for something more useful.

Jim, the portrait of your brother in law is magical

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Not sure why this silly discussion about FF Fuji is coming up again and again! Fuji invented the X system on purpose and the decision was very wise.
    Well, as long as there are old farts around like me and several others I know that have used full frame film and full frame digital... some will wish for a FF Fuji... from this day forward known as an FFF.

Personally I am happy with the current crop of Fuji cameras and their sensors.. but every now and then I can see where a FFF might be handy... but probably very costly.. and then size and weight issues... and of course an entire new line of lenses... probably not worth the effort on Fuji's part.

I don't print huge photos so the only thing I miss is the bokeh and super shallow DOF and then only occasionally.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jim

Add a metabones speed booster and you can do exactly what you're looking for with existing 35mm glass. Extra stop of speed, full lens coverage and the DoF you mentioned.

Not free but $400 gives you a lot of new options with FF lenses.
    Ylem ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    Jim

Add a metabones speed booster and you can do exactly what you're looking for with existing 35mm glass. Extra stop of speed, full lens coverage and the DoF you mentioned.

Not free but $400 gives you a lot of new options with FF lenses.
    Yeah, I've been reading about it and have not quite convinced myself that it is something I need at that price.. will wait to see more work done with it and the Fjui before making a final decision.. It does sound interesting.
    Jim Radcliffe
    www.boxedlight.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

XPro1 with Pentax FA43mm. Adapter Zhonggui Lens Turbo.
    ISO3200, F1.9, 1/75s.
    This evening in fog and mist.

Trygve
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post