The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Lloyd

So I took the plunge, and bought the XPro-1. I also got the Fuji M-mount adapter. I'm still trying to figure out the options, and have used it mostly with my M-mount lenses so far. I did pick up the Fujinon 35/1.4, and wow, do I love it!

Here a sample shot @ 1.4. My granddaughter and I were dropping off Mimi (grandma) at the airport, she was heading out on business, and someone wasn't too happy to see her go.

ustein

Contributing Editor
Chuck,

thanks.

>There is actually a problem for some images like this the Silkypix 5 conversion is a problem and Lightroom has issues with fine details.

Now using Fuji's Raw File Converter. Even if it is also by Silkypix the colors seem to be better.

Last edited:

Rich M

So I took the plunge, and bought the XPro-1. I also got the Fuji M-mount adapter. I'm still trying to figure out the options, and have used it mostly with my M-mount lenses so far. I did pick up the Fujinon 35/1.4, and wow, do I love it!

Here a sample shot @ 1.4. My granddaughter and I were dropping off Mimi (grandma) at the airport, she was heading out on business, and someone wasn't too happy to see her go.

Lloyd.....this is such a beautiful shot.

Thanks for sharing.......R

tbhv55

Just wonderful. This is such a lovely photograph that the camera/lens combination is virtually irrelevant...!:thumbs: Great shot.

Braeside

Nice to see you here Lloyd - looking forward to more excellent shots from you.

Lloyd

Just trying out the Leica Noctilux f1,0 with the Fuji M-mount adapter. All at f1,0. The first and last are at the minimum focus distance, which seems to increase a bit on the XPro-1:

ashwinrao1

Fantastic caps, Lloyd. Soon, you'll have a wider option (Today!) to shoot with...albeit with less DOF...Great work as always, and so good to have you on the thread!

Lloyd

Fantastic caps, Lloyd. Soon, you'll have a wider option (Today!) to shoot with...albeit with less DOF...Great work as always, and so good to have you on the thread!
Thanks Ashwin, looking forward to it. I could have used it this morning; sirens woke me about 5:30, I smelled smoke, and found that the neighbor's house down the street was on fire. The firefighters got it under control early, so the damage was not too bad, all things considered. I watched from afar, and only brought out the camera when things were wrapping up.

Last edited:

Lloyd

So... I suckered Ashwin into parting with his 18/2. It's mine, all mine!!! (Thanks Ashwin.)

Anyway, here's my first shot with it. Harsh mid-day sun, but it'll do.