The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Jolly

Very nice italian pictures Ario :)

and very nice picture you all :)

Love those greens

Last edited:

Sapphie

Jolly

Great stuff, I love those vertical orientation alley shots - how are you finding the camera generally?

Lee

Sapphie

An alley shot of my own. Does it illustrate the auto-DR capabilities? ISO 800 because the camera rightly chose the maximum DR setting. OOC JPEG, only change is a minor reduction of highlights in LR.

Lee

Sapphie

I wasn't seriously thinking of this camera but looking at the IQ I am somewhat blown away.

DPreview have just released some sample shots and for the first in a long time the shots actually sell the IQ of the camera.

LouisB
You will all succumb ...

Lee

I hate you.. I hate all of you....

:)

Do you people have any idea how hard it is to look at these photos from the X-Pro1 and not hit the order button? Do you have any idea what this is doing to my will power meter? :(

I swore I would not order another camera before it had been out in the real world for several months (all due to the X10 issues I suffered) and coming to this forum (and others) is really making things difficult for me.

It's like Dr. Strangelove... trying to keep that hand under control... in my case trying to keep it from hitting the order button... ARRRRRGGH!!

Great photos all, love the color, love the DR, love the contrast and sharpness of what the X-Pro1 is producing.. In case anyone thinks I really hate you... no, just jealous... Show me more... go ahead and twist my arm.

Only negative I have heard is in regards to the AF.. a bit slow.. and it gets worse with low light... I hate it when that happens.

Jolly

Re: I hate you.. I hate all of you....

:)

Do you people have any idea how hard it is to look at these photos from the X-Pro1 and not hit the order button? Do you have any idea what this is doing to my will power meter? :(

I swore I would not order another camera before it had been out in the real world for several months (all due to the X10 issues I suffered) and coming to this forum (and others) is really making things difficult for me.

It's like Dr. Strangelove... trying to keep that hand under control... in my case trying to keep it from hitting the order button... ARRRRRGGH!!

Great photos all, love the color, love the DR, love the contrast and sharpness of what the X-Pro1 is producing.. In case anyone thinks I really hate you... no, just jealous... Show me more... go ahead and twist my arm.

Only negative I have heard is in regards to the AF.. a bit slow.. and it gets worse with low light... I hate it when that happens.
LOL
Jim you made me laugh for real :)

I bought the X1PRO with the 35mm and I bought some weeks after the 18mm.

The AF of the latter one is significantly faster, so I hope that future lenses will have an AF more similar to the 18mm than the 35.

Having said that, I can't say the AF of the X1 is this terrible thing.
It is certainly not the one of the D700.

I have really appreciated what the author of this blog says about the X1 Come to think of it...: X-Pro 1 Tips and Tricks: The Basics

He is quite honest.

Sapphie

Jim

The best bit is that it quietly talks (some call it chatter) to you whilst out shooting, like having a built-in photographic 'wise one' directing you to your next shot.

Those that dismiss this as aimless, intrusive 'chatter' are clearly not on the same wavelength with and not yet 'at one' with their Fuji ..

Lee

Jolly

Jolly

Great stuff, I love those vertical orientation alley shots - how are you finding the camera generally?

Lee
I like the camera, love the shape and i bought the grip.

They should update the firmware to make the Auto-Iso more useful as they did with the X100.

Usually I never buy a camera if the camera has not been on the market for at least 6 months. I did an exception.

I would have loved that my fav focals could come out immediately
(the equivalent on FF of a 35-42 mm) but, as you know, you can't always get what you want.

I have to wait for the

28mm f/2.8 pancake
23mm f/2.0

(come on Fuji ...)

scho

The Fuji X-Pro 1 and 35 just arrived today. A few quick first shots around the garden and a comparison of the 35 with the MF Contax G 45.

The garden frog and I are still not sure

Some OOF yellow bokeh

Rusty lantern

Two scenes shot with both the Fuji 35 1.4 and The Contax G 45mm f/2 Planar. Not a rigorous comparison with varying settings, but just a quick feel for MF on the XP1. Very difficult to focus in magnified view handheld (all of these shots) because of the jittery EVF display and ghosting. This really needs to be fixed to make the XP1 a viable MF camera. The images were not resized so just links to the full size images.

Scene1
Fuji 35

Contax 45

Scene 2
Fuji 35

Contax 45

The Contax 45 was mounted to the XP1 with a Kipon adapter that worked well (smooth focus and no binding), but not ideal due to close proximity of focus ring to the mount base. I don't know if I'm seeing just jpeg compression or in camera noise reduction (thought it was off) in these full size images, so waiting to look at raw image results when LR and C1 provide support.

Sapphie

It's funny, one of the reasons I liked the X100 so much was its fixed lens that meant I didn't need to have any lens buying addiction, nor need to have to think about which lens to use. Now I have an X-Pro 1 with just the 35mm but can see myself getting the 18mm too, once I have sold my Pentax K5.

AF is fine for me but most of my subjects don't move very fast ...

Just one more from me to help put Jim and others out of their misery. This was in Velvia mode, though I use it sparingly as I think the pictures are somehow not as sharp as Provia - and I think it's more than just a contrast thing.

Lee

V

Vivek

Very difficult to focus in magnified view handheld (all of these shots) because of the jittery EVF display and ghosting. This really needs to be fixed to make the XP1 a viable MF camera.
Carl, Would it improve (ie., the ghosting) if you tape up the OVF on the front?

What do you mean "jittery"?

Terry

Carl, Would it improve (ie., the ghosting) if you tape up the OVF on the front?

What do you mean "jittery"?
I think what he might be talking about is a slower refresh rate on the EVF than we have with m4/3 and Sony and the movement is faster than the refresh.

scho

I think what he might be talking about is a slower refresh rate on the EVF than we have with m4/3 and Sony and the movement is faster than the refresh.
Exactly. If you can hold the camera very steady it is OK, as it would be on a tripod.