The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Braeside

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1

My only gripe coming from a NEX-7 is even though they may share the same EVF,
The XE-1 EVF does not give real time feedback, ie. when just looking through the EVF the exposure looks correct, but it's not, lets say I am shooting in Manual mode, and does not simulate different film types.

My workaround is to assign the FN button to DOF preview, then it does stop down the lens, yet shutter speed has no effect on evf display.

Steven
Steven, are you saying that on the XE-1 that if you chose say B&W film effect that the EVF would not show in B&W? - The X-Pro 1 does show the film effect in the EVF and LCD.

Point taken about EVF not showing difference in exposure, unless using Preview DOF (I do this now).

Last edited:

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1

Hmmm, as I wait for my X-E1 to arrive: not showing the effects of adjusting parameters in the LCD is... well, lame is the word that springs into mind. Very interested in other's experiences here.

I plan on using the CV 12/5.6 on an adapter for my UWA (and I have the model that came with the filter holder that allows me to use the Cokin system directly). Strictly tripod based, I imagine (and then not having a flip out LCD, nor a tilting EVF will be limiting occasionally, too).

Stephen: I just spent some time on your site: some spectacular images there; thank you.

kuujinbo

Went a little crazy and bought three medium telephotos in the past couple of weeks. Weather hasn't been cooperating, though. Nikkor-P.C 105mm / f2.5 LTM, shot wide-open - ISO 2000, 1/160s.

Have accounts at a couple of other forums, and must say I like it here. Lower traffic, but the people here seem to be more relaxed and friendly, along with some beautiful shots. :)

kuujinbo

Very kewl shot. Looks like money well spent!
Thanks Lloyd.

BTW, I got an email from my Flickr stream last week asking about the Voigtlander 21mm/f4. I replied with a link to your very impressive photo here. He not only said he knows you, but also said that a photo like yours was exactly what he was looking for to help him decide to get the lens. :)

Last edited:

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd.

BTW, I got an email from my Flickr stream last week asking about the Voigtlander 21mm/f4. I replied with a link to your very impressive photo here. He not only said he knows you, but also said that a photo like yours was exactly what he was looking for to help him decide to get the lens. :)
Let me guess... Kuau (Steven)? I just got together with him last Monday and let him try that lens on his camera.

P

Paolo7780

A couple of portraits...

Taken with the old 58mm f1.4 MC Rokkor

And this one with the 60mm Fujinon

Illumination courtesy of Ryanair's website... :grin:

Last edited:

teeraash

Hi there,
Does anyone here know why my Flickr linked pages don't show-up images (many are on page 33). This is strange as when I clicked the link, images showed up from flickr.com just fine.
Thanks,
Teera

kuujinbo

Hi there,
Does anyone here know why my Flickr linked pages don't show-up images (many are on page 33). This is strange as when I clicked the link, images showed up from flickr.com just fine.
Thanks,
Teera
Hi,

Looks like some time between your OPs and now Flickr changed the URL to the missing images. For example, when you posted this image to this thread, the URL to the image was this:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8486/8153844161_363ab8e788_b.jpg

And yes, I can see that your OP was from the Flickr "share" BBCode. However, after just checking the "share" image code on your stream, now it's this:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8486/8153844161_c7ebe2a112_b.jpg

I was having problem this weekend with a couple of images on my blog too. Hopefully it's just a temporary glitch in the system...not the nicest solution, but you can go in and edit those posts and update with the "current" BBCode.

teeraash

Hi kuujinbo,
Your explanation is clear as a crystal but what's OPs stands for. Too bad I cannot edit those old posts.
Many thanks and welcome to the forum.
Teera

Sapphie

On flickr if you edit the image and make certain changes, for example changing who is allowed to view the image, it will change the URL for the shared BBcode.

Lee

teeraash

My flickr URLs change although I haven't done anything. Hope it won't happen again or I will have to look for new hosts. Any suggestion?