The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

pophoto

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1

Beautiful image, Jorgen. I don't know, maybe you should reconsider? ;)
I know where Jorgen stands! Perhaps when Fuji offer the second generation of cameras, I'm sure the he'll be in a better position to be tempted to the dark side :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

I know where Jorgen stands! Perhaps when Fuji offer the second generation of cameras, I'm sure the he'll be in a better position to be tempted to the dark side :)
To be honest, I am very tempted. I started digital with a Fuji S3 and later an S5 (I still have both), and I really like the output from the Fuji sensors, old as well as new. The problem for me with the S-series at the moment is that they are too slow to work with compared with the Panasonic cameras, particularly the AF, and that there are too few AF lenses available.

That means that a Fuji for me would be a camera I use for my own pleasure or when I don't need to worry about speed. Since I'm in the middle of a process of to convert from Nikon to m4/3, I can't afford that luxury, but when Fuji releases the 23 and 56mm f/1.4, the temptation might be too much. I'm rather impressed with the quality of the jpeg files I got during the few hours I used the X-E1 :)

teeraash

Hi Jorgen,
Were they from Motor show? Pretty impressive. I like the look particularly the eyes' expression of the first girl.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

Hi Jorgen,
Were they from Motor show? Pretty impressive. I like the look particularly the eyes' expression of the first girl.
Thank you. Yes, they are from Motor Expo :)

... and then, just as I was about to take a photo of this very interesting electric Nissan sports car, the place was invaded by people in uniform, obstructing the view to my desired subject. But I have proof, a photo showing the perpetrators in action. Next time, I'll succeed!

X-E1 with Fuji 35mm f/1.4 @ f/2.0

Last edited:

Terry

First shots with X-E1...Lake Tahoe Shot jpeg and processed with Snapseed on iPad mini.

vicfei

First shots with X-E1...Lake Tahoe Shot jpeg and processed with Snapseed on iPad mini.

Beautiful shot of a locale that I love - what are your initial comments and observations on the X-E1, and did you get the zoom?

Thanks!

Vic

Terry

I kind of just jumped right in and didn't spend a lot of time on camera setup. EVF definitely lags compared to my Olympus.

Don't know if I'm fully up to dare on all lens firmware but with the 35mm I was surprised that I had a really tough time getting focus compared to micro 4/3 and will have to so a side by side also with the X-Pro1

I do have the zoom. Need to work with it a bit more. It seems when wide open at the long end when you go back wide it maintains f stop and doesn't stay wide open. You need to manually move it from f4 back to f2.8....something to get used to vs other zoom lenses.

I feel like X100 probably a bit better at controlling fill flash without having to use much flash compensation. Refresh time on flash (longish) caught me by surprise.

Braeside

Terry certainly on the X-Pro 1 if you open the lens to f2.8 at 18mm then zoom in to 55mm it will of course go to f4, then zoom back to 18mm it does open up to f2.8 again. However if you set it to f4 at 55m and zoom out to 18mm it stays at f4. Some sort of logic there I think!

scifitographer

I do have the zoom. Need to work with it a bit more. It seems when wide open at the long end when you go back wide it maintains f stop and doesn't stay wide open. You need to manually move it from f4 back to f2.8....something to get used to vs other zoom lenses.
just got my 18-55mm today. oddly enough, an x-e1 also made it in the box.. :angel: no idea how that happened....

when i set the lens to f/2.8 at 18mm and zoomed out to 55mm it stayed at f/4, but returned to f/2.8 when i zoomed back out to 18mm. if i changed it to another aperture at 55mm and then returned it to f/4 it stayed at f/4 when i zoomed out.

Terry

just got my 18-55mm today. oddly enough, an x-e1 also made it in the box.. :angel: no idea how that happened....

when i set the lens to f/2.8 at 18mm and zoomed out to 55mm it stayed at f/4, but returned to f/2.8 when i zoomed back out to 18mm. if i changed it to another aperture at 55mm and then returned it to f/4 it stayed at f/4 when i zoomed out.
Yeah getting the X-E1 is so odd :ROTFL:

Yes, I have the same lens behavior. Just have to be conscious that I'm at f4 and not f2.8 when wide.

kuujinbo

If anyone has Leica M or M39 mount lens(es) but never got around to buying the appropriate adapter, I'm cleaning house and am willing to send the following to you free with no strings attached:

1, RainbowImaging Adjustable Leica M39 adapter with fotodiox X mount rear lens cap. This one is brand new - after I bought it I found a Voigtlander LTM to M ring I had lying around.

2. Kipon M adapter with fotodiox X mount rear lens cap.

Since I'm located in the U.S. and I'll be paying for shipping (either USPS first class or priority), this offer is limited to people located in the U.S., sorry.

If you think this is just a scam by some anonymous user to try and get personal information from people (I'm a pretty cynical person myself), check page 33 of the positive feedback page - sold a couple of lenses here very recently.

The only purpose of this is to give the adapters to someone who will actually make use of them. That's why I'm posting here and not opening a separate thread - would like to give these to X-Pro 1 users.

Anyone who has been keeping this thread active or other long-time members here - even if you can't personally use these, but have friends that are not GetDPI members that can make use of the adapters (or not located in the U.S. and you are willing to forward the adapter to them) let me know. Not sure how much interest this will attract, but if you fall into this category, you get first priority.

For everyone else - shoot me a PM telling me which lens(es) you'll be using with the adapter. And please don't feel offended if I don't decide to choose you. I only have two adapters. ;)

Please PM me so this post does not hijack the thread.