The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

alba63

I see a lot of really attractive black and white images from the Fuji, do you guys shoot in the BW modes of the camera and take the JPEG, or do you mostly convert from RAW?

I am really attracted by the colours (and BW) of this camera, I still hesitate because of the sheer number of cameras I have gone through over the years.

Cheers
Bernhard

Braeside

Thank you David, our son was having fun goofing around at the park. :) Like both of the ones you posted. Were they taken at a classic car show, or car a museum?
Yes, they were taken at a Bus Museum when they had a classic car show on. The weather was very poor as you can probably tell, but enjoyed it never the less, especially with so many eccentric characters around.

bmacw

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1

I got the XE1 as a back up for M9. It came with the Kit lens.
Having used nex7, 5n and OM-D, this camera is definitely slow in operation overall. Focus speed is actually not bad, but probably because I'm very used to CD AF system and know where to point the camera.

One huge problem is, the EVF/LCD unlike the sony, does not let you judge exposure. There is no true, what you see is what you get (live view) like the Sony NEX system. Coupled with the fact that there is auto brightness for EVF and LCD, I've spent the first few hours shooting with EV+/- based on the EVF. I can deal with histogram, but that clutters the EVF.

Other minor things, shooting bracketed shots takes about 5-10 seconds to store. You can not take any shots while this is going on.

The self-timer setting will not stay if the camera is turned off.

When Manual Lens is mounted, you STILL have to switch from AF to MF to enable the Magnification function.

You have to use the AF button to preselect the manual focus magnification area. It would be nice to to be able to move around after you push the zoom button.

Of course I'm not processing any of my RAW files, because I can already tell they are crap in LR compare to what SilkyPix is showing me.

The redeeming quality is obviously the image quality and the excellent kit zoom.

ustein

Contributing Editor
Thanks.

>Especially love the tones of that first shot.

I think so too. Here the X-Pro1 shines. This was very harsh light.

Could not move the safe :)

Braeside

Another with the excellent Fuji 18-55mm Zoom.

This unfinished monument on Calton Hill is known as Edinburgh's Disgrace.

Another without the trees as a frame.

Last edited: