The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Brian Mosley

I'm hoping my local camera store will have one in soon. Apparently, they aren't expecting to have any spare for demonstration... Too many pre-orders to satisfy first!

There must be some trusting photographers out there.

Good luck everyone, can't wait to see your impressions and images soon!

Brian

Sapphie

I wasn't going to do it. I can't justify it and I have only had my X100 for 9 months. I went and touched one, big mistake for my bank balance. I wasn't planning on admitting this sin in public. I was fully prepared to be disappointed but am, instead, stunned. Web size pics cannot do it justice ...

Lee

Sapphie

I don't know if it is the lack of AA, new sensor, the 35mm lens, cunning JPG trickery or some combination but, in my view, I am seeing some of the finest digital images from any camera. They are reminding me of the sort of Velvia images I used to get from a Mamiya 7 or from a Contax RX I used to own ...

This one shot as RAW and processed in-camera to Velvia:

Lee

Sapphie

Brian

I am trying to restrain myself and don't wish to encourage anyone to part with almost £2K on yet another camera but I am truly stunned by it. The X100 is very good but this is in a different league. I have even emailed the manager of my local store to say so.

My opinion of course and applies to my type of photography but in my view:

the AF is fast and accurate enough
the viewfinder is bright and big enough
the camera is bigger than the X100 but is just right and makes the X100 look a little squashed
black is beautiful
the 'chatter' - it is there but becomes somehow quite reassuring
it is all just a step up
at the moment I don't regret but time may tell

Lee

Brian Mosley

Don't worry - we don't need much encouragement :ROTFL:

Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm, this is what we want to hear... real enthusiast experience.

Cheers

Brian

Sapphie

This is a crop. If you were here in front of my monitor looking at this you would not believe it ... all I did was crop it. OOC JPEG, no other PP. ISO 400, 35mm lens f/5.6

Lee

scho

This is a crop. If you were here in front of my monitor looking at this you would not believe it ... all I did was crop it. OOC JPEG, no other PP. ISO 400, 35mm lens f/5.6
Lee
Beautiful XPro1 images Lee. I would also like to see some MF lens shots if you have an adapter. I have a Contax G to ProX adapter, but no camera yet :(

Sapphie

Hi Carl

Thanks, hope you get yours soon. No adapter, I am afraid. The only one I could make use of is a Pentax K and I had originally assumed that I would want to give this a go with my 43mm Ltd. To be honest, though, the Fuji 35mm is so good, I don't see the point and for the first time in over 20 years I am thinking of selling the PK 43mm.

If I have done this right here are some true 1024x768 pixel size crops from original 16MP JPegs:

Lee

Last edited: