The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

V

Vivek

Lee, Lovely images. :)

The crops do look a bit waxy, indicative of aggressive noise reduction (in the camera/jpg, no doubt) though.

Sapphie

Vivek

They look pretty good to me. I cropped in Pixelmator and 'shared' direct to Flickr but I am not sure if they were further JPEGed in the process ...

Lee

Zlatko Batistich

teeraash, which CV12 are you using? The older thread mount version or the newer bayonet mount version? I guess it doesn't matter for the corner sharpness. Just wondering whether the X-Pro1 would work with the thread mount version (which is cheaper). This would meant using two adaptors, one for thread mount to M and one for M to Fuji. Probably a bad idea, but maybe it works. Thanks in advance.

The last 3 pics and this one were taken at the Emerald Buddha Temple, Bangkok, Thailand. I would not say that extreme corners of CV12 are mushy. They are softer than Fujinon and I like them that way. :)

Link to full size jpeg here,
_DSF7012 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

teeraash, which CV12 are you using? The older thread mount version or the newer bayonet mount version? I guess it doesn't matter for the corner sharpness. Just wondering whether the X-Pro1 would work with the thread mount version (which is cheaper). This would meant using two adaptors, one for thread mount to M and one for M to Fuji. Probably a bad idea, but maybe it works. Thanks in advance.
No problem, it works, I have the thread mount version and I have not seen any problem which is attributable to the mount.

teeraash

Hi Zlatko:

I'm also using the thread mount which came with a free threat mount to Leica M bayonet mount. So yes, you have to use two adaptors (threat to bayonet and bayonet to Fuji X-mount adaptor and this shouldn't cause any problem.

Sapphie

Sapphie is usually my first subject for a new camera and she was feeling a little left out. This was on Velvia mode so may be a little contrasty. F/2, ISO 320, 1/50 sec.

Lee

Last edited:

Zlatko Batistich

Would it be practical to use the X-Pro 1 as a square format camera with the CV12 lens? if you shoot in 1:1 format with the CV12 or other non-Fuji lens (via an adapter), will the the EVF show square frame lines? :confused:

I knew it!

Meanwhile, I'm waiting patiently? for US deliveries.
I knew you would go for this one. I'm waiting to see if anyone discovers any warts (after my X10 issues)... BTW, I will be in San Francisco this summer. Hope you will be free for a day.

teeraash

I took pictures of bribe and gloom today. They were photographed by their hired photographer in a hotel exotic lobby. In your opinion, would it be appropriate to post their pictures in a public forum like this one? They are kind of cute though.

M

markrutland

got mine on Friday, a few sample shots with the 60mm

quite impressive camera.