The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Sapphie

Mark and Jolly

Lovely shots. Are folk using the OVF or EVF most of the time and if OVF how accurate do you feel the frame lines are?

Lee

Jolly

Mark and Jolly

Lovely shots. Are folk using the OVF or EVF most of the time and if OVF how accurate do you feel the frame lines are?

Lee
Lee,

thanks.

Frame lines are very accurate with the EVF and the LCD screen. :)

OVF is very good indeed but I'd not use it for this kind of pictures.

Even if frame lines are not that accurate, it's fun to use the X1 Pro as a Leica.

I have found very useful the tips and tricks I have found in this blog:

Come to think of it...: X-Pro 1 Tips and Tricks: The Basics

I agree with almost everything in his analysis.

Ciao, have a good light !
:)

M

Melilot29

I like the pictures. I am going to check out the specifications because the result is awesome. Did you get lens with it?

Brian Mosley

Wow, Jolly these are very impressive images from the X-Pro 1 - fantastic dynamic range and colour quality.

Thanks for sharing

Brian

Jolly

Unfortunately I cannot publish the pictures of my friends for privacy reasons but I can tell you that I am really impressed by what the 35/1.4 can do with portraits and the Pro negative setting activated.

I love the natural - neutral tones that the X1 Pro can give, maybe cause I see too many punchy colors around or maybe cause I don't live in the Miami of police TV serie CSI :D.

Terry

Hey Jolly lots of great stuff. Was especially looking at that shadows and highlights which are looking good. Looking forward to mine arriving in a few weeks. It is in transit from the dealer.

One question....ok two

1)what is the Pro negative setting?
2)I went to the link you provided with the basic setup. On the X10 I don't use the Auto Dynamic Range. Do you know if that boosts ISO on the x-pro1

thanks.
terry

Jolly

Hey Jolly lots of great stuff. Was especially looking at that shadows and highlights which are looking good. Looking forward to mine arriving in a few weeks. It is in transit from the dealer.

One question....ok two

1)what is the Pro negative setting?
2)I went to the link you provided with the basic setup. On the X10 I don't use the Auto Dynamic Range. Do you know if that boosts ISO on the x-pro1

thanks.
terry

Thanks Terry,

the Pro neg. std is one of the Film simulation I am using the camera at the moment.

I am waiting for the raw converter in lightroom so I am trying the different settings in the camera.

I have still really to understand the impact of Auto 100 200 400 % in the dynamic range.

I just checked and it seems that the auto dynamic range boosts the Iso. I didn't know it ... I think i will put it in the 100% position.

I will do some tests in the next days.

Terry

Thanks. I figured you were talking about the provia setting.

Yes, to get DR 200 Fuji bumps ISO up a stop and then to get 400% you need to bump ISO again.

On the X10 to get the most neutral files we made some adjustments to highlights and shadows but I haven't gone through the manual yet to see if the same adjustments are on this camera plus with a much bigger sensor those adjustments may not be needed.

Yes, I would really like RAW support as well but it seems that it may take a bit as the processing is completely different than other cameras.

Sapphie

DR settings 200% and 400% boost the ISO to 400 and 800 - if you have it on auto DR then it will do this as it decides it needs to to preserve highlights. The RAWs will look underexposed in 3rd party apps such as LR (once they support it). The camera then applies some magic tone curve adjustments to the in-camera JPGs to make the final result look great. I used to only shoot RAW but am happy with the JPGs from the X100 and X-Pro 1.

I will revisit RAW though (and DR 100%) when LR supports it - just to see.

Lee

Jolly

I bought the 18/2.0

VERY sharp in the center from 2.8 - quite soft in the corner ... the curve of this lens from center to the corner should look a missile ...

btw ... impressing ISO 640 ... :)

hope to take some decent pictures soon, bored to take pictures at home :)