The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

scho

Carl

That's astounding. I was just about to upload another one but yours are so much more ... well, just so 'there'. Anyone out there still doubting? We don't work for Fuji ...

Lee
Gorgeous colors in this landscape Lee. Just a beautiful scene. The 90 degree fluke is due to a very strong storm system approaching form the west. It will be back to 50 degrees tomorrow.

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
Lee and Carl: my gosh! This is really good stuff! Thanks for sharing and hope there will be more.

Roy Benson

Sapphie

Gorgeous colors in this landscape Lee. Just a beautiful scene. The 90 degree fluke is due to a very strong storm system approaching form the west. It will be back to 50 degrees tomorrow.
Well, last April we had the warmest on record. Last March (i.e. a month ago) we had one of the warmest on record. Today about 10 degrees C? I'm cold but must not complain ... this rape field scene - I saw it on the drive to work and it's one of those 'must get out with the camera at the weekend' moments. Well, I did, not too early (about 9am), it was quite cold, but heck I haven't felt truly compelled to go to a scene since my Mamiya 7 days.

Lee

Sapphie

Lee and Carl: my gosh! This is really good stuff! Thanks for sharing and hope there will be more.

Roy Benson
Roy,

Thanks, it's just luck (for me) but the camera instills something and I guess that's the thing. Bring on more of your superb shots. Have you thought about the 60mm macro? I am more likely to go for the 18mm but I wonder if the 60mm would be on your horizon?

Lee

benroy

Subscriber Member
Thanks for the kind words, Lee and Carl. 60 macro is definitely on the wish list...have already put in my pre-order. Getting used to the macro option on the Pro-X...making the switch is becoming more and more reflexive...I'm really amazed at the image quality.

Roy Benson

kdemas

ISO 6400 in a very dark bar, straight from camera with no post. 35/1.4 wide open. A little photo get together last Friday night.

jonoslack

Carl

That's astounding. I was just about to upload another one but yours are so much more ... well, just so 'there'. Anyone out there still doubting? We don't work for Fuji ...

Lee
Lovely Lee . . . and Carl and Roy and Kdemas - goods coming up by the bucket load.

The Oil seed rape is developing nicely here too . . . but we're promised a week of rain:cry:

scho

ISO 6400 in a very dark bar, straight from camera with no post. 35/1.4 wide open. A little photo get together last Friday night.
Very nice kedemas. The XP1 handles high ISO with ease.
Lovely Lee . . . and Carl and Roy and Kdemas - goods coming up by the bucket load.

The Oil seed rape is developing nicely here too . . . but we're promised a week of rain:cry:
Thanks for looking Jono. I'm still in learning mode with this camera, but having fun with it.

Another jpeg shot from today's excursion. This one needed a little help from Topaz Adjust.

scho

Three from today's walk with the XP1+35 1.4, all jpegs.

Driftwood

Windsurfer

Bench & Willow

benroy

Subscriber Member
Carl: you have the magic touch with trees...a delight to the eye!

PP work with Pro-X images is light...more cropping (there's a reason: haven't got the hang of the VF frames, so I opt for more space so that I won't miss something on the edges). Very light sharpening, some old fashioned burning in on the corners, holding back on some deep shadows. By the way, Pro-X shadow detail not as noisy as other compact cameras....also, haven't run into blocked highlights with the Pro-X...shooting only in the contrasty early AM light this was a problem with other cameras...haven't used exposure adjustment wheel yet...this was a matter of course with Canons and Nikons.

Looking forward to using RAW...hope the raw conversion outfits have something on the way.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

scho

Roy and Carl

Great shots; keep them coming! Are either of you 'doing' anything much to the JPGs in PP?

Lee
Not much, but some highlights and clarity adjustments when needed in LR4 and occasionally a light application of Topaz Adjust clarity for "pop". No sharpening.

B

boyzo

Sadly, my X100 will be wringing it's way back to Fuji for a replacement lens assembly tomorrow... Hopefully that will permanently solve the sticky aperture blade problem. At least it failed within warranty :banghead:

Strangely, I only checked it because auto white balance went cold and it had to go in anyway.

Cheers

Brian
Oh for a Pen Oly never let you down <grin>
:clap:

Sapphie

Just for info, somebody over on x100forum.com has spotted that you can set a 1:1 square aspect ratio. It works both in EVF and OVF, though only the JPEGs will be cropped.

LOL, I had missed this, even though I had noticed the 16x9 format! It works best in EVF as, unfortunately, the OVF framelines are not very accurate, so you will end up with maybe having to crop afterwards anyway. This is a pity as in OVF view you can, of course, see 'beyond the edges' whilst composing.

It's a great feature but I do wonder if it's just easier to crop in LR or whatever afterwards.

The relatively inaccurate framelines are my only issue with this camera so far.

Lee