The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Terry

All from the Ferry Plaza market this AM

The straight out of the camera jpeg color is just wonderful.

All with the 35 f1.4 some in macro mode. This camera/lens combo is a dream for me.

Sapphie

Terry, stop posting these lovely images :). I want one!
Carl

I have sold off two Pentax DSLRs to justify the purchase of the extra two lenses (well, that was going to be my justification for the camera, but well, never mind) but after a day of having the other two, well I don't know but there is something to be said for the trinity ...

Lee

scho

Two thunderstorms and a hail storm later this is a snippet of Lyme Regis today
Lee
Nice, the image, not the white stuff. We seem to be having similar weather patterns. It was 80 yesterday, today is in the 40's, and the nest two days we will see a nor'easter heading up the coast and dropping accumulating snow here.:banghead:

Diane B

I love these. Beautiful images and one more reason to keep up with this forum and thread.

All from the Ferry Plaza market this AM

The straight out of the camera jpeg color is just wonderful.

All with the 35 f1.4 some in macro mode. This camera/lens combo is a dream for me]

Rich M

It was a throw down in the camera store today. I went in to get a filter and the owner just smiled and took out his XP1 and handed it to me.

He knows I am weakening......I took a few really nice snaps outside, but was saved by the bell. He had to close early today.

I walked away feeling quite proud that I did NOT buy it, but come home and see more shots by Roy.....and Carl....and Lee.....and NOW Terry. Jeez!!

Really.....all beautiful.....thanks for sharing. :clap:

R

benroy

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Rich. Looks like another convert won. Appreciate the kind words...I expect that the flower/market pictures of Terry's might be the clincher.

Roy Benson

Terry

Thanks everyone. I've bonded with this camera and while I'm still learning it I just love using it.

So, what I liked about the M8 was the form factor, size, simple direct controls, aperture on the lens. What I didn't like was no close focus, my ability to nail focus at moderate (like one or two meters) distances.

Why the Fuji "'speaks" to me. I feel like I have the best of all worlds:
Optical viewfinder experience
EVF for tricky situations, macro, longer lens and finally
LCD live view shooting for odd angles where looking through the viewfinder is impossible or not practical.

Last edited:

retow

Terry, your shots are the first ones I see from this camera showing what it can do the M9 clearly can't and what I consider more relevant than the high iso thing most are raving about. Looking very impressive, indeed and dangerous to my bank account. :D If performance with m-lenses will be good and focus peaking introduced, the X1 Pro could be a serious contender to the M9, crop factor or not.

biglouis

:)

Or how about the 60mm (90mm equivalent) ?

Lee
That is a seriously good photograph but it is also entirely reminiscent of the Leica Elmarit M 90/2.8. One of the few lenses that keeps me loyal to Leica, btw.

Fuji really deserve some credit for that sort of sharpness and contrast control.

LouisB

Sapphie

That is a seriously good photograph but it is also entirely reminiscent of the Leica Elmarit M 90/2.8. One of the few lenses that keeps me loyal to Leica, btw.

Fuji really deserve some credit for that sort of sharpness and contrast control.

LouisB
Thanks Louis. Well, all down to the lens really! As well as the square crop, I did move the blacks slider to the left and the whites to the right but that was the only PP.

Sharpening was left on the camera default. The picture can actually take a little extra sharpening in LR, though.

Lee

Sapphie

It keeps raining so no outings today (maybe later!) but the iris is looking lovely indoors:

60mm, Provia, NR -2, ISO 400, f/8, manual focus, tripod, 2 sec timer. SOOC JPEG apart from a slight crop.

Lee

scho

It keeps raining so no outings today (maybe later!) but the iris is looking lovely indoors:

60mm, Provia, NR -2, ISO 400, f/8, manual focus, tripod, 2 sec timer. SOOC JPEG apart from a slight crop.

Lee
Gorgeous! You are making it very difficult for me to put off getting that 60mm.

Sapphie

Gorgeous! You are making it very difficult for me to put off getting that 60mm.
Carl,

I don't normally 'do' macro but this lens is lovely. I don't want to encourage anybody ... I sort of 'forgot' that it is a macro lens so I had another go. This time I used AF-S and f/11. Slight crop.

Lee

Sapphie

Ok, one more, sorry! BTW I just learned that when in manual focus mode, you can select the area that is used when pressing the magnify button and is also used by the AEL/AFL button to do the initial AF. You do this by pressing AF button on the left, moving the area to the desired position and then pressing AF again.

I don't think I have had so much fun with a camera for a while ...

Lee

Terry

I've been reading up on some of the forums and I'm seeing two different approaches to faster low light AF performance. Both different. Anyone tried.....

1)AFC
2)AFS but don't stop at half press and wait for focus. Just do a complete full press.

.....thoughts?