The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

monza

When I used a camera back in late Feb, I found I preferred AFC mode.

I think I could be happy with just the 35/1.4...wonderful photos in this thread!

benroy

Subscriber Member
Portraits? You have been viewing some very fine botanical portraits, courtesy to Terry and Lee.

Sunday morning walk around after a stormy night...jpegs...35/1.4 / Pro-X1, and without apology, includes some botanical portraits.

Last edited:

manouch shirzad

Workshop & Subscriber Member
All from the Ferry Plaza market this AM

The straight out of the camera jpeg color is just wonderful.

All with the 35 f1.4 some in macro mode. This camera/lens combo is a dream for me.
Terry,
Thanks for posting these beautiful picture. What ISO did you use and is it possible post a 100 percent crop from one of those images. How different is using manual lenses on X1 Pro than Nex7.
_______
Manouch

Terry

Hi Manouch -

I don't have the images on the computer I'm currently working on, but can make some additional crops later. I have not used any manual lenses on the Fuji. I don't have any adapters. The only lenses I have to use are Contax G 35 and 45 and the Fuji 35 is so good there was no real reason for me to want to adapt.

The ISOs were different. All were at ISO 200 except:

Purple orchid - 640
chocolate - 400
cheese - 1600

This first shot is a crop from the second.

Sapphie

All from the Ferry Plaza market this AM

The straight out of the camera jpeg color is just wonderful.

All with the 35 f1.4 some in macro mode. This camera/lens combo is a dream for me.
Terry,

I especially like the cheese and the chocolate shots - so incredibly clear!

Lee

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Terry,

these shots make me want the X Pro 1 even more. Seems this camera together with the 35 has hit your sweet spot :)

Really enjoy your images!

Peter

Mine arrived this morning....

The UPS guy arrived with a nice box from B&H this morning. First thing I did was charge both batteries.. after the first was charged I put it in the camera and mounted the 35mm (also bought the 18mm).. and then took the usual "shoot anything in sight" test shots.

The main thing I was testing for was focus and the XP1 was dead on in every shot I took, even those cluttered shots of items on my desk.

First impression is a very loud WOW! I think I have finally found the camera I wanted when I sold my M8. Hope to have pictures (not test shots) shortly both here and on my website.

I hate to use the phrase "Love at first sight.".. but that is what I am feeling at the moment. I will install the new firmware tonight and begin to seriously use the XP1. I'm sure my K5 will be jealous but it will not be forgotten as there are things it can do (with the DA* wide & tele zooms) that the Fuji is not capable of at this time.

The only thing I dread is the look I will get from my wife when I bring the camera home.. she'll get over it.. I hope.

I'm a happy man today.. Thanks Fuji!

scho

Re: Mine arrived this morning....

The UPS guy arrived with a nice box from B&H this morning. First thing I did was charge both batteries.. after the first was charged I put it in the camera and mounted the 35mm (also bought the 18mm).. and then took the usual "shoot anything in sight" test shots.

The main thing I was testing for was focus and the XP1 was dead on in every shot I took, even those cluttered shots of items on my desk.

First impression is a very loud WOW! I think I have finally found the camera I wanted when I sold my M8. Hope to have pictures (not test shots) shortly both here and on my website.

I hate to use the phrase "Love at first sight.".. but that is what I am feeling at the moment. I will install the new firmware tonight and begin to seriously use the XP1. I'm sure my K5 will be jealous but it will not be forgotten as there are things it can do (with the DA* wide & tele zooms) that the Fuji is not capable of at this time.

The only thing I dread is the look I will get from my wife when I bring the camera home.. she'll get over it.. I hope.

Congratulations Jim! A fun camera to use and I look forward to seeing your work with the XP1.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Another convert to the fold! Welcome aboard, Jim. Looking forward to seeing your images from this camera.

Roy Benson

Sapphie

Re: Mine arrived this morning....

Jim

What have you done? Another convert, say bye-bye to the K5 :)

:bugeyes:

Lee

M

Markus

Finally took the plunge and bought one last weekend. Finally a worthy replacement for my trusty Panasonic L1.
Fuji thankfully released the first firmware update today and addressed the annoying lens chatter sound today (sounded like the smoke monster from Lost, sort of).
My only minor complaints so far:
- the LED which indicates sd card access is very disturbing (especially under dark conditions) and placed too close to the viewfinder
- focus could be faster but is very accurate though
- SD card access is too fiddly (a dedicated sd card compartment and dual card suppprt would be cool for the Pro 2)
- battery life could be better
- no Lightroom support.

Despite of those minor complaints the camera is a real pleasure to use and the image quality is right on the spot.

Braeside

Must resist, must resist ...

Lovely images all, and I have enjoyed reading all about it.

Need to have a good think about this.