The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Brian Mosley

Ashwin, thanks for reminding us the X-Pro 1 has some serious magic... in a photographer's hands. Bravo :salute: :clap:

Brian

scho

Couple with the Contax C/Y Distagon on the XP1.

Looking for red blowout.

Stolen padlock?

I've added an X-Pro1 section to my website

Finally caved and bought the X-Pro1.. enjoying it very much and have added a section dedicated to the X-Pro1 to my website at: Fuji X-Pro1 Photography by Jim Radcliffe

Here are a few samples.... I've only been out once for shooting so my subject matter is limited. I was using the 18 & 35.

Jim,
Looks good so far. Enjoy!
Terry, having fun with it.. like it a lot. I need to get a diopter for it though and find more time to use it.. this working for a living is really putting a dent into my photography! :)

Makes me want to call in sick!

Terry

I got the Voigtlander ones from Cameraquest and they are $25. But people have found others cheaper. I think the Nikons from the FM series work and B&H or Photovillage have them with Photo Village lowest at $17

scho

Bigkidneys

Spent the weekend in NOLA for Jazzfest with the Xpro1. I have both it and the Nex 7 and think I will be selling off the 7 and using the Xpro1 exclusively. I really enjoy the camera and to me, it's feels rather simple to use. No complaints with AF inaccuracy as I exclusively use the EVF or LCD to focus leaving the OVF out of the equation. First try at what I call "street" photography and I find it rather cool. Couldn't imagine the fun I could have if I lived there.

Last edited:

Bigkidneys

A few more from the weekend. I have the 60 Macro coming this week and can't wait to see how well it does for portraiture.

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

Hi Bigkidneys, great great images.

Same to you, Joe. Time to part with the X100, as the XPro-1 suits you so well!

teeraash

The Smoking Camera wrote "My x100 developed sticky aperture blades so I decided to try the xpro 1......"

Very nice. What do you think of the Pro 1 files compare to the X100?

Last edited:

teeraash

SLR Magic Hyperprime 50 mm f/0.95 with the XPro-1

Me ;)
Cute, the camera is.;)

Seriously, I'm thinking of the Hyperprime but it is such a hulk and pricy too, so may be I should go with the Voig 50mm f1.1 instead. I will use it with Pro-1, E-M5, and Nex5N. What is your suggestion?

Last edited:

scho

Trying my Konica AR lenses on the XP1. I used a new Konica AR to LM adapter from RJ coupled with a Kipon LM to FX adapter to mount the Konica lenses.

Konica Hexanon AR 50mm f/1.7 mounted on the XP1. Really nice little MF 50.

Samples

f/5.6

f/2.8

f/1.7

f/5.6

Here are a few more with the Konica Hexanon AR 85mm f/1.8. Nice compact (but heavy) short tele.

f/5.6

f/4

f/2.8

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

Cute, the camera is.;)

Seriously, I'm thinking of the Hyperprime but it is such a hulk and pricy too, so may be I should go with the Voig 50mm f1.1 instead. I will use it with Pro-1, E-M5, and Nex5N. What is your suggestion?
Hi Teeraash, the hyperprime is WAY more bulky than the Nokton. If bulk and price matter at all, go for the Voigt...if IQ is your primary concern, go, by all means, for the Hyperprime, as it has one of the nicest OOF that I have ever seen.