The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

scho

Picked up the 60mm f/2.4 lens.
Here are a few shots from day one.
All shot wide open at 2.4.
Enjoy.

Really beautiful images Joe. Fuji has some real winners with the 35 and 60 mm lenses and these shots with the 60 are the best examples I've seen from that lens.

S

sebasco

Great photos Joe! The x pro 1 seems to suit you beautifully. I too have moved from the x100 to the x pro 1 and am feeling extremely good about it.

Here are a few 'hair' photos, from a recent trip to NYC!

Simon M.

Great shots Joe, especially loving that last B&W portrait.

A few more from playing around home, still haven't had enough time to get out and really put some miles on the camera. Really more just playing around...

All these are out of camera jpgs that have had some work done in Photoshop; can't wait for proper raw support - but until then the jpgs are pretty amazing.

Last edited:
Thanks Ashwin. Love your work as well.
Thanks Simon. Your images are very nice.
Thanks Sebasco. Enjoyed your NY hair images.
Thanks Carl. Cool frog.
Teerash, still too soon to make a definitive comparison with the x100.

My x100 developed sticky aperture blades so I decided to try the xpro 1.
Here are a few images from NYC with the 35/1.4.
Enjoy.
Joe, if someone had told me these photos were taken with a Leica I would believe them. These are great on so many levels.

The X-Pro1 is the Real Deal! ... as in great camera AND great price.

Thank you Monza and Jim.
Monza, I'm not familiar with the 60mm C/Y Makro Planar.
Seems like a good thing comparing it to the Fuji 60/2.4.
Jim, high praise comparing the Fuji to the Leica.
I know that is a good thing.
Thanks again.

Terry

Joe, the middle two from the Library are fantastic. I didn't realize that they didn't "flip out" if someone had a camera inside.

David Schneider

Joe,
Thanks for posting the variety of images.

If you do a side by side comparison of same scene/image/etc. with the H4d-40 and X1Pro, that would make a very interesting read.

Brian Mosley

Joe, darn it you've convinced me... I need this camera! :facesmack:

The tonality is :bugeyes: sharpness of that 60mm wide open :thumbs:

Thanks for sharing :salute:

Brian

Diane B

Joe, the middle two from the Library are fantastic. I didn't realize that they didn't "flip out" if someone had a camera inside.
That was exactly my thought (and the "fantastic" too:):)). I'm really cautious about shooting in any space like that since so many just flat forbid it.

Thanks Terry, David, Brian and Diane.
NYC Public Library does not allow flash photography.
One area does not allow any photography.
Otherwise, no problem taking photos in most areas.
Brian, you will be quite happy with this camera.