The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Terry

Wow you really have been out shooting. Last one is really well spotted and done. Your "street" work is very good.
Any tricks or tips that you are finding with the camera or lenses?

pophoto

"My Nikon D3s, Hasselblad H4d-40 and Fuji x100 should suffice.
Joe"

Joe is it time to update this signature stamp yet? :p

Wow you really have been out shooting. Last one is really well spotted and done. Your "street" work is very good.
Any tricks or tips that you are finding with the camera or lenses?
Thanks Terry,
I don't have any real tricks or tips other than to anticipate and don't be afraid to take the shot. Sometimes it works, most times not. It really is a bit of a numbers game and the more you shoot the greater the chances of getting a decent image. Still learning this camera so at some point I may provide a bit more info. Thanks again.

pophoto

LOL. Good point. I will have to remember where this stamp is located.
I am still hesitant from buying this camera and have a feeling it is more YOU than camera. However, I cannot argue it has one seriously good sensor. Although right now I am digging this thread, since serious photographers put up with Fujis :p

Brian Mosley

I am still hesitant from buying this camera and have a feeling it is more YOU than camera. However, I cannot argue it has one seriously good sensor. Although right now I am digging this thread, since serious photographers put up with Fujis :p
Obviously there's the skill of the photographer, but I'm seeing something special in the best samples of the X-Pro 1 when compared with the best samples of everything else I've seen (a lot!)... I see it in the tonality of the brown leather jacket the girl is wearing above.

I'm decided :thumbs:

Cheers

Brian

ashwinrao1

Hi everyone, a few to share from the XPro-1 and the SLR Magic Hyperprime 50 mm f/0.95 (M mount, Kipon adapter). A joy to use on the XPro-1!. Agreed with Brian. Special sensor!

pophoto

Obviously there's the skill of the photographer, but I'm seeing something special in the best samples of the X-Pro 1 when compared with the best samples of everything else I've seen (a lot!)... I see it in the tonality of the brown leather jacket the girl is wearing above.

I'm decided :thumbs:

Cheers

Brian
I don't disagree with you there! In fact I went over to the Leica thread and came away thinking the same thing (Oops did I say it out loud!).

I don't think you will be disappointed, but I take too many pictures of my kid running around to do it without a DSLR. I'd rather come away enjoying this thread :)

Last edited:

pophoto

Ashwin, I especially like the first one. You're gonna make it hard on the Leica M threads once you warm up to the X Pro 1. :)

Joe can you give me your opinion on the 18mm ?

Thanks

J
Have only used the 18mm for a couple of days so a bit early to give a proper assessment. So far I like it, but it just doesn't have the wow factor of the 35 and 60. Hopefully I can play with it a bit more in the next few days to give you a better answer.

S

sebas

Hi everyone, a few to share from the XPro-1 and the SLR Magic Hyperprime 50 mm f/0.95 (M mount, Kipon adapter). A joy to use on the XPro-1!. Agreed with Brian. Special sensor!

Ashwin these shots are really cool with WOW!!!. How do you compare the SLR 50mm on the Xpro with the M9?

ashwinrao1

Joe, the feeling is mutual. Fantastic images through and through.

Thanks to you guys, Sebas, Holly and Pophoto..

Great collection of iamges from all of you as well!

benroy

Subscriber Member
60 macro arrived in mail late this afternoon...took it out to neighbor's cactus...15-20 minutes later these are some of the results...lens well worth the wait...all jpegs.

Last edited: