The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Bigkidneys

A few today from our Crawfish Festival. Weather got crappy very quick so not much time to browse around looking for moments. First two were with the 60mm which I think everyone should get. Great for portraits!

Last edited:

Bigkidneys

Thanks Joe. Wish I had more time there but a thunderstorm crept up out of nowhere trying to piss all over us so I had to get out of there. Bribed a trash guy for a bag of my gear as I've yet to insure it :( oh and like you, I am finding it easier to compose using the LCD in most cases. The LCD is so damn nice on the camera. Remind me of the EP-3.

Rich M

Spent more time out with the camera today. The first shot is with the always awesome Fuji 35/1.4

The next few are with adapted lenses.

Yashica 21mm ML

Leica 24/3.8 Elmar

The next three are with the Contax (C/Y) 100-300 all shot at 300mm handheld.

(My favorite is Biker Bear :D)

R

retow

Are we still going to see "fun with the XPro1" posts in one year from now? Remember how the X100 posts took off about a year ago to then dry up pretty quickly to a small trickle.

Terry

Did some shooting around the area this weekend....OK it was sort of a wide area....

OK, the tide was coming in quickly....we were going to have a super moon and the tide was going to be 6' above normal and she is walking out to the rocks. Brilliant.

Terry

Now some portraits from San Juan Bastista
Added a crop for each. The 35 f1.4 just my favorite lens. I did mess up this weekend and blow some highlights.....and wasn't shooting RAW. Hurry up Adobe! Last one has highlights I can't recover.

So, the jpegs are forgiving but they aren't complete miracles. I'm sure I could have salvaged the raw.

Rich M

Are we still going to see "fun with the XPro1" posts in one year from now? Remember how the X100 posts took off about a year ago to then dry up pretty quickly to a small trickle.
Good question.......I had the X100, took some memorable shots, played with it for a few months more and sold it.

To me, this camera is very different. There is something about this sensor that set itself apart from other cameras.....it has wonderful high ISO performance and at the same time has the bonus of the lack of the AA filter (much like the GXR A12 M). The Fujinon XF 35/1.4 is special....and looking at Jason's, Joe's, Roy's and Carl's pictures, the 60mm looks pretty good too.

I used adapted lenses on it for the past several days and the performance looks encouraging. In many ways, cameras have become digital backs for me and I find that I like using this one over my NEX7.

So, a year from now? Highly likely. A trickle of photos from other users.....highly likely, I don't see this camera as having broad market resonance.

R

Rich M

Now some portraits from San Juan Bastista
Added a crop for each. The 35 f1.4 just my favorite lens. I did mess up this weekend and blow some highlights.....and wasn't shooting RAW. Hurry up Adobe! Last one has highlights I can't recover.

Very impressive Terry.....thanks for sharing.

R