The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

benroy

Subscriber Member
60/2.4 in the garden after the sprinklers shut down. A couple of comments about the 60...very nice lens, but not in the same class with the brilliant 35/1.4. Try the Nikon 60 micro G or the Leica 60/2.8 Macro-Elmarit and I think you will see what I mean. Auto focusing on flowers is very difficult...need a smaller green AF box that covers a smaller area. I don't think this lens was structured for close-up work, or as Jono once put it: "botanicals".

EVF focusing for an old fart like myself is a royal pain in the butt...like looking through the bottom of a Miller High Life bottle...but, anyway, this is what I got this AM...shot about 50 shots... about half were keepers, rest were out of focus.

I'll step aside for a while, and enjoy the street shooter and travelogue images...they're very good, and demonstrate well what I think this camera was really designed for.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

scho

A few walkabout shots in the park with XP1+60 Fujinon. All processed from raws with RPP.

Sapphie

60/2.4 in the garden after the sprinklers shut down. A couple of comments about the 60...very nice lens, but not in the same class with the brilliant 35/1.4. Try the Nikon 60 micro G or the Leica 60/2.8 Macro-Elmarit and I think you will see what I mean. Auto focusing on flowers is very difficult...need a smaller green AF box that covers a smaller area. I don't think this lens was structured for close-up work, or as Jono once put it: "botanicals".

EVF focusing for an old fart like myself is a royal pain in the butt...like looking through the bottom of a Miller High Life bottle...but, anyway, this is what I got this AM...shot about 50 shots... about half were keepers, rest were out of focus.

I'll step aside for a while, and enjoy the street shooter and travelogue images...they're very good, and demonstrate well what I think this camera was really designed for.

Roy Benson
Excellent shots, Roy!

Lee

Are we still going to see "fun with the XPro1" posts in one year from now? Remember how the X100 posts took off about a year ago to then dry up pretty quickly to a small trickle.
Interesting question. I agree with Rich - there will be a smaller number of posted X-Pro 1 images a year from now. in part because the novelty will wear off. However, I believe the quality of images will remain high as the sensor and optics produce more distinctive images than the x100.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Interesting question. I agree with Rich - there will be a smaller number of posted X-Pro 1 images a year from now. in part because the novelty will wear off. However, I believe the quality of images will remain high as the sensor and optics produce more distinctive images than the x100.
Unfortunately, you are right. It will still be a superb camera, but photography has become an athletic event with technology at its core. Hopefully it will mean that I can buy the Fuji for a lower price when it goes somewhat out of fashion, but I wouldn't count on it. Even the clunky Fuji S3 gets rather decent prices on the second hand market.

Jolly

We've just been given access to a beta version of Adobe Camera Raw that supports the Fujifilm X-Pro1 and have used it to process our standard test scene. The good news is that it produces similar resolution to the camera's JPEG output and that it appears to recognize the selected dynamic range extension setting. The X-Pro1 is not a camera with obvious peers, so we've presented it alongside a mixture of DSLRs and mirrorless cameras

The Canon EOS 5D Mark III is included to see how well Fujifilm's claims that the X-Pro1 captures resolution 'parallel, if not superior, to a full frame sensor,' stand up. These are just our suggested comparisons - you are able (and encouraged) to choose your own.

Fujifilm X-Pro1 studio samples published, including Adobe Camera Raw conversions: Digital Photography Review

Simon M.

Lots of wonderful images since I last checked. Well done everyone.

I was recently in Seattle as part of a birthday present to my better half; this was my first trip with the Fuji and first trip to Seattle - photography was not the main reason for going. I still ended up with more that I'm happy with than not, these 4 stand out in particular after my first edits.

All are .jpg that have been edited in LR - can't wait for proper raw support if the elasticity of the .jpg is any indication the raws will be a joy to work with.

Terry

Simon the first image is superb. Fantastic color and tones. Second was really well seen and captured.