The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

benroy

Subscriber Member
It has been suggested that I get off the botanicals and try some portraits...so here are some portraits (well, they're really snapshots!). Karsh has nothing to fear here. These pics haven't been posed, or carefully lit.

The first two are of my 98 year old mother (very bright and active). The second of the two pics is a blow up of the first pic...taken with the 60/2.4.
Incredible rendering of detail (my mother would kill me if she saw these pics).
The 60, with its great sharpness, makes for a very unflattering portrait lens...every little blemish and wrinkle revealed in great detail.

3rd pic: Ivy, my dachsie friend...also taken with the 60...wide open...focus on the eyes. Ivy doesn't like to have her picture taken as you can tell by her expression.

4th pic: Head of shoulders of little statue in the garden...taken with the 35/1.4.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

Rich M

So....thanks to Carl.......again :salute:

Carl helped me through the RPP ICC camera profile install (which he so kindly provided to all of us).

I think I was able to wring a LOT more out of these RAW files than was present in the jpegs.

Thanks again C.......(I'll play with RPP until Adobe gets it act together).

R

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I see that the X Pro 1 is a great camera as long as one is willing to live with all the flaws or things not working so perfect. Still a long way to go, but the system has the potential to be a really leading high end mirror less system in a few years from now.

Till then I decided to just follow these great threads and see the great results, without having to deal with all the not so perfect things of a new system.

scho

So....thanks to Carl.......again :salute:

Carl helped me through the RPP ICC camera profile install (which he so kindly provided to all of us).

I think I was able to wring a LOT more out of these RAW files than was present in the jpegs.
Thanks again C.......(I'll play with RPP until Adobe gets it act together).

R
Beautiful landscapes Rich and glad I was able to help with RPP.

scooter

I see that the X Pro 1 is a great camera as long as one is willing to live with all the flaws or things not working so perfect. Still a long way to go, but the system has the potential to be a really leading high end mirror less system in a few years from now.

Till then I decided to just follow these great threads and see the great results, without having to deal with all the not so perfect things of a new system.
Really? What flaws are you talking about?

benroy

Subscriber Member
Mixing them up some: 2 botanicals, 1 portrait (?), and 1 architectural.
All with 60/2.4...continue to be impressed with rendering of fine detail (water drops on flowers, screen mesh on door).

Last edited:

scooter

All with 60/2.4...continue to be impressed with rendering of fine detail (water drops on flowers, screen mesh on door).
Nice light and detail on the sea grape leaf.

Rich M

Roy......I don't care if they're botanicals or not.......just keep shooting. They're all great.

R

scho

A very dull, overcast day down by the lake. Tried doing some XP1 IR with an R72 filter on a Contax G 45mm f/2 Planar, but lighting was just too flat. All processed from raw with RPP.

Far above Cayuga's waters

The next two with the Fujinon 60mm Macro.

Just what we needed - more geese

The cat shot of the bird world - classic gull

Thanks Rich, Roy, Carl and Brian for the comments.
Yes, I will miss New York.
Wish I could see a larger version of your image scifitographer.
Gorgeous images and colors Simon.
What a fun festival bigkidneys.
Wonderful Roy, love the details.
Nicely done Carl, enjoy the muted the soft colors.

benroy

Subscriber Member
7:30AM walk-around yields a mixed bag today with the 60/2.4:
a portrait of Joe, two still lives (peeks into the recycle bin), an interesting arrangement of leaves.

Last edited:

scho

A comparison of the same image from the XP1 with Konica AR 50mm f/1.7, shot at f/2.8. RPP processed raw seems to hold slightly more detail in saturated areas and is more neutral in color balance. Both images received slight (and same) amount of clarity and sharpness adjustment in LR4 before exporting jpegs.

Processed in RPP with custom profile

Camera jpeg

Simon M.

Really liking the RPP rendering, if Adobe doesn't get support into LR soon I may need to venture into the option of using DCRaw to render tiffs and adjust those in LR. That being said - it may be easier to buy a mac then understand how to use DCRaw from the command line in Windows...

In the mean time here are a couple more from my Seattle trip, first up the birthday girl and the reason we were visiting anyways - then a couple from the freemont farmers market and food truck rodeo:

Cheers,
Simon