The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

scho

A freshly painted bridge support receives a fresh coat of Graffiti. XP1 with 35mm f/1.4. Processed with Photobrom color preset in RPP.

Brian Mosley

Wow, Rich - gorgeous colour!.

So rich, so solid and continuous tonality... I don't believe this can be replicated with simple post processing of another sensor.

Fuji Magic Sensor! :salute:

Thanks for sharing, everyone above... keep 'em coming :thumbs:

Brian

Rich M

Wow, Rich - gorgeous colour!.

So rich, so solid and continuous tonality... I don't believe this can be replicated with simple post processing of another sensor.

Fuji Magic Sensor! :salute:

Thanks for sharing, everyone above... keep 'em coming :thumbs:

Brian
Brian.....there is something extraordinary about this sensor......it is so clean...and has seamless transitions.......yet has a look that is for lack of a better way to describe "less digital".

I love this camera in a way that I have not felt with the many others.....every day, I can't wait to go shoot it. It makes everything look new and different.

Here's a shot as the sun was setting......last rays through the screen, focus on the lip of the cup (with the Fujinon 35 @ 1.4). None of my other cameras would have captured it so effortlessly.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Brian.....there is something extraordinary about this sensor......it is so clean...and has seamless transitions.......yet has a look that is for lack of a better way to describe "less digital".

I love this camera in a way that I have not felt with the many others.....every day, I can't wait to go shoot it. It makes everything look new and different.
Rich, I feel the same way about my X-Pro1. There's a certain "something" about the images that I personally like. I know that's hardly scientific but at the end of the day I know what I like and the Fuji delivers.

I never really understood the strong affinity certain people had to the Fuji DSLRs in the past and their colour and highlight rendering but I'm beginning to get it now. I've also been very happy with my X100 and to a somewhat lesser degree with my X10 (both of which are feeling neglected since I got the X-Pro1 system).

tom in mpls

Graham, I suspect that this has more to do with the non-Bayer sensor rather than its Fuji lineage. And add to that the lack of AA filter, this really is a different beast. Has anyone who really knows (I surely don't) been able to assess the difference?

Jolly

I heard there is a camera called D800 .... what's for ? :D

just joking but ...

I would have never believed that after two days I could reach this nice sintony with a new lens.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Terry: there really isn't a "secret sauce", just a bunch of really first rate, creative photographers.

Roy Benson