The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Terry

Carl......this is a VERY nice capture. It is amazingly sharp corner to corner and has such a nice balance. Also, the color processing (slightly desaturated?) really brings out the content of the image. :thumbs:

R
+1

ustein

Contributing Editor
Re: A few from the last week or so with the X-Pro1

I've not posted much from the X-Pro1 lately and thought I would share some from the last couple of weeks. My 60mm should arrive via UPS this afternoon.. looking forward to working with that lens in the near future.

I continue to be amazed by the high ISO capability of the X-Pro1. It beats my 5D MKII in every respect.. not to mention weight and bulk.

The photos below were taken with the 18mm and 35mm

Great work. I like how you create these dark glowing colors.

scho

Lovely IR images David.
Carl, your images are always so serene.
Killer sunrise shot Jim.
Thank you Joe.
+1
Carl......this is a VERY nice capture. It is amazingly sharp corner to corner and has such a nice balance. Also, the color processing (slightly desaturated?) really brings out the content of the image. :thumbs:
R
Thanks Rich. The color is very close to actual - no desaturation, but some brightness increase.
Thanks Terry.

scho

XP1 with the 60mm f/2.4 Macro. Japanese Fern.
I tried another shot of this plant today with the 18mm and R72 IR filter:

and then did a B&W conversion using SEP2 of the original color version shot from yesterday.

Sapphie

One image (2 shot stitch) from my first gorge walk of the season today. XP1 with 35 1.4 and tripod. I blew the highlights in a bunch of shots because I wasn't paying attention to exposure :banghead:. I managed to partially recover the highlights in the raws used for this image, but really need to expose carefully for highlights in dark gorges like this.
Carl

Love the gorge and fern shots. Just wanted to ask regarding this comment. Does this imply that you are using DR100 and trying to expose for the highlights yourself or are you using Auto-DR? If the latter, would it have solved your blown highlights if you had used it?

Lee

scho

Carl

Love the gorge and fern shots. Just wanted to ask regarding this comment. Does this imply that you are using DR100 and trying to expose for the highlights yourself or are you using Auto-DR? If the latter, would it have solved your blown highlights if you had used it?

Lee
Thanks Lee. I don't know if AUTO-DR would have handled the extreme brightness contrast. My intention was to use ISO 200 and manually meter for the highlights. I just wasn't paying attention (senior moment) :facesmack:

Paratom

hi Ashwin,
so howou get along with the XP1 vs the M9.
Besides the "new camera" factor, when would you use which camera and how much overlap you find between the two?
Regards, Tom