The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

johnnygoesdigital

Matt, love the bridge structures! The 60mm is amazing! Note, the determined graffiti artist's handywork! Great photos, thanks!

Lee, love the rich colors and detail, and the rhododendron too.

Sapphie

Lee, love the rich colors and detail, and the rhododendron too.
Thanks Johnny. After getting my camera and 35mm I quite quickly fancied the 18mm lens. As I had just sold some gear to partially reimburse myself for the initial purchase, I used that income instead to buy both the 18mm and 60mm! The funny thing is that I have used the 60mm more than the 18mm, not because there is anything 'wrong' with the 18mm, just that the 60 is a fun focal length.

It does take some discipline, though. However this is not any more than would be needed for any other medium telephoto lens. The default minimum shutter speed of 1/90 sec in auto-iso mode isn't fast enough for me without risking introducing camera shake. I got several out of focus shots, most when attempting to use the OVF - I really need the EVF for this lens, especially the closer shots. An issue with this, I found, was that as I was using negative EC to try to avoid blown highlights, the image in the EVF would get darker and would be harder for me to see if the right thing was in focus. At least the subjects were mostly still but I bet I was swaying about a bit. Maybe I should have used AF-C mode, or better still a tripod! You more accomplished photographers here will wonder what I am on about!

Anyway, some of them came out OK. I think I'll go back to the 35mm next.

Lee

tom in mpls

The frog is back. Or his cousin. Macro is new to me; this time I had the sense to stop down to f/11 so there is some reasonable DOF. Also better because he's sitting on the redwood bench instead of a plastic lawn chair arm. 60mm.

scho

Yellow Wellie

Flower Wellies
Davd,
Love the wellies series.

The frog is back. Or his cousin. Macro is new to me; this time I had the sense to stop down to f/11 so there is some reasonable DOF. Also better because he's sitting on the redwood bench instead of a plastic lawn chair arm. 60mm.
Tom,
Very nice shots of the little frog. A very patient little guy as well.

scho

Meet Mary the chipmunk terminator. This pretty little neighborhood cat is an expert chipmunk hunter and she spends the whole day patiently stalking chipmunks in our garden.

Blue Siberian

Thorny tangle

All shot with the XP1 and 60mm macro.

Terry

You have clearly invaded her sacred hunting grounds and she is none too pleased.

Meet Mary the chipmunk terminator. This pretty little neighborhood cat is an expert chipmunk hunter and she spends the whole day patiently stalking chipmunks in our garden.

Blue Siberian

m_driscoll

Sapphie: I love the first one with the cobwebs. Excellent detail and contrast. :thumbup:
David: "Yellow Wellies" is perfect. Nicely framed. :salute:
Tom: Very cool! The frog looks like its been living 'rough'. :D
Carl: I'll always go for a good cat photo! Your processing in this photo works really well. :salute:
John: Is that a 2-room schoolhouse? Nice framing and processing. :clap:
Joe: I can't pick one over the other! The winding road, the cross, and the train rolling toward you are all very evocative. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

Rich M

Away for a short while and some amazing images in this gallery.
Really enjoy the talented photographers working with the Fuji.
Well done everyone.
Agreed.......I checked in here this morning, and now....WOW.

Matt, Tom, Johnny, Carl and David....all just really nice stuff.

Walking on the wet side of the island today....trade winds, trade showers...it was great. Shot with the 60 macro. It's a sharp little lens.

R