The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Braeside

Terry, wonderful 60mm macro shots! :salute:

Got mine out today to try and get this poppy as it burst out. They are such pretty things, almost looks like someone drizzled chocolate on it.:too cool:

Terry

Wow David, that is a really cool variety of poppy. We don't seem to have those around here.

Braeside

Thanks Terry, I'll need to ask my wife what variety it is, she is the gardener here - I'll try and get a shot of that flower when it comes out fully, but the weather has broken down now unfortunately.

Terry

David that seed head is really quite beautiful. Nature and its many wondrous varieties is pretty incredible.

Terry

Lovely!

Tripod and where shot (farmers Market)?
If this was for me, thanks....I took my queue from the farmers market comment. Flowers were from the market. I took them home and have very nice natural light in my apartment. All were hand held. Many were high ISO to stop down and get better DOF.

A few from over the weekend..

A frew from over the weekend.... Loving this camera more every day.

Thistle plants in the sunrise...

Closeup of one of the Thistle heads...

At a restaurant.. liked the play of light on my iced tea and water glasses.

Last edited:
Jim, that final one looks very refreshing. You seem to be well matched to that camera.
Thanks... it was very refreshing

Jim - In keeping with my weekend macro theme, the middle one really appeals to me.
Me too... I want to do more B&W work with the X-Pro1.. I miss the Dynamic B&W mode of the GH2 and GF1... I'm sure there is a way to set something similar up using the custom settings.. just have not gotten there yet.