The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Sapphie

A rainy Jubilee bank holiday means chance to play around with previous photos. This one processed in RPP initially with further mods in LR4

Lee

Last edited:
Beautiful photography everyone and what variety!
Macro, nature, landscapes, infrared, architecture, tractors, cats, sunsets, Hong Kong ….
Fun thread.

Braeside

Lee, no rain here for the Jubilee in Scotland, until a few minutes ago anyway.

One from Newburgh's scarecrow festival:

scho

From a walk along the headwaters of Buttermilk Creek with the XP1+35 1.4. Processed from raw in LR4.1.

Sapphie

Lee, no rain here for the Jubilee in Scotland, until a few minutes ago anyway.

One from Newburgh's scarecrow festival:
That's gross! I'm not normally one for Pomp and Circumstance but what a weekend! You know on the River Pageant, they (the Royals) were all moving from one foot to another, supposedly in time to music but I think they just wanted to go to the bathroom. Well, it was cold and wet, I couldn't last more than 20 minutes ...

Anyway, Och Aye the Noo ...

Lee

P.S. I seriously think it's all great and many folk elsewhere in the world would be wanting to have such a performance ...

Paratom

Some people write the x1 pro AF to be slower than the x100 AF. Can you guys confirm this? And if so how much slower is it?

Braeside

That's gross! I'm not normally one for Pomp and Circumstance but what a weekend!
Hi Lee,

It has a certain Monty Python look to it!

We thought we had stumbled across the Wicker-man in Newburgh today. They seem to have joyfully combined the Olympics, the Jubilee and their annual Scarecrow Festival.

We have still got the Olympic Torch to see passing our house later in the month. Oh - and the transit of Venus which according to BBC is "happening tonight"!

Hope you had a good day despite the weather.

Braeside

Some people write the x1 pro AF to be slower than the x100 AF. Can you guys confirm this? And if so how much slower is it?
Sorry don't have an X100, but I find the X-Pro 1 OK for my needs. I believe you are correct though, reports seem to indicate the X100 is faster in AF.

Gbealnz

From an hour or two ago, a fleeting glimpse or two, plus a couple of pictures.
My son and I had to drive towards the north to find a small gap in the clouds, and even then it wasn't all that big, so clouds were across the images.
What a buzz to see it in the flesh though, bigger than expected, and easily visible naked eye.
Quick shot with the Zeiss AS63/840, Zeiss solar filter, and a Fuji X-Pro 1 camera. 1/1000th second, ISO6400.
Gary Beal
New Zealand

Last edited:

Gbealnz

Thank you Terry.
It is a passion of mine (the astro bit I mean), but boy oh boy a frustrating session today. Once in a lifetime event, which the weather gods seemed destined to spoil. I had actually given any hope away of seeing today, but the clouds sort of parted a bit, although we drove to find those small slithers of semi-clear sky.
Most of my astro gear is set up at home, but given the weather we hurriedly threw the scope and the X-Pro into the car and drove. Fortunately we saw it, and what an absolute buzz to witness this in the eyepiece. The memory will last for many years. The pictures? Well, a few hurried shots, nothing flash, but again a record.
Depending on where you are, make sure you take a look though. It finishes here in a tad over an hour, and the rain is setting in real good, so my hurried look was all I'll get. Happy though, very.
Gary