The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Terry

Lee- the second one gets me in the mood for my trip to the Palouse starting Tuesday. I really like it!

JMaher

Lee,

I am trying not to look over here as I just purchased an Olympus OM-D. However there are too many great shots over here to ignore them all.

The 2nd one above is great. It creates a wonderful feel of order & simplicity at the same time.

Jim

Last edited:

tom in mpls

Here's another from my daughter's high school graduation. Although out of focus, I still like it as it captures her emotion of the moment.

The focus point was towards the top center of the frame, but the camera seemed intent on focusing elsewhere. I was doing continuous shooting. Should I have used continuous focus instead of single? I know this camera can be a challenge for moving targets, but I think user error may have been the major cause. The focus point likely did not actually fall on her in this shot. This camera is not forgiving or easy.

Last edited:

Sapphie

Lee,

I am trying not to look over here as I just purchased an Olympus OM-D. However there are too many great shots over here to ignore them all.

The 2nd one above is great. It creates a wonderful feel of order & simplicity at the same time.

Jim
Thanks Jim. The scene could have been shot with any camera. Trouble with web versions is they don't tell the whole story. Poking out of the red soil are potato leaves (or something). In the RPP version I saw them clearly. JPEG and RAW in LR I would almost have passed them by.

I am sure the OM-D is great. The Fuji is pretty good too though :)

Lee

JMaher

I am finding a lot to like about the OM-D. I am sure the Fuji is pretty good too.

I still like the photo and if its not the camera it must be the photographer:)

Jim

scho

A research greenhouse at the Cornell Arboretum. The red wall in the far room caught my attention, so I kept the room in full color and monochromed the rest. XP1+18mm f/2

Recent Work With the X-Pro1

I've been using the X-Pro1 for over a month now and it has become my carry-with-me-all-the-time camera. I continue to be amazed by the capabilities of this camera and the three lenses. I thought I would share some recent work I have done with the X-Pro1. I've been playing quite a bit with the macro function and really enjoy it. You can see more on my website in the Fuji section.... the direct link is Fuji X-Pro1 Photography by Jim Radcliffe

I've shot these roses before with another camera but the X-Pro1 produces a better image.

The macro capability of the 35 and 60 is much better than any camera I have owned.

Saw this guy on my window the other night and shot him at ISO 3200 handheld.. it was quite dark and I was too lazy to get the tripod out of the car trunk.

More macro...

Yet another sunrise with the Dallas skyline

scho

Just playing with dynamic range capability of the XP1. XP1 + Konica AR 50mm f/1.7. Shot in bright afternoon sunlight from inside a dark marketplace. Camera was set to auto DR and it used 400 (ISO 800). Processed raw in LR 4.1 and pushed the shadow slider up to +100 and highlights down to -65.

Simon M.

A couple of images from a slight detour on my morning coffee run; loving the dynamic range I'm getting with LR4. In both of these there is more dynamic range I could pull out - but my gut is it wouldn't suit the feel of the images. I've found I like the greens slightly shifted to blue from default, but otherwise the colours are near perfect with how LR is interpreting the files.

Cheers,
Simon

tbhv55

Superb - and I'm not talking about the camera (or lens)!

From my own experience, I know just how difficult it is to photograph these moths with any degree of success. As they are stationary for such a short period of time, most photographic attempts are destined to fail... or at least, most of mine were!!

Great captures!!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
A couple of images from a slight detour on my morning coffee run; loving the dynamic range I'm getting with LR4. In both of these there is more dynamic range I could pull out - but my gut is it wouldn't suit the feel of the images. I've found I like the greens slightly shifted to blue from default, but otherwise the colours are near perfect with how LR is interpreting the files.

Cheers,
Simon​

Nice :thumbup:​