The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

fordfanjpn

A couple shots from a lunchtime walkabout in Tokyo. The first one seems to be a spool of plastic stuff with holes poked in the edges. I have no idea what it might be! It was sitting on a stone wall. The pig was shot through a restaurant window.

Bill

marlof

... Behind my beloved waterfall, in the little room that was hidden beneath the cave, I Found it. I brushed away the dust of the years, and picked it up, holding it reverently in
My hands. I had no idea what it might be, but it was beautiful...

Yes, we know, it's nothing new
It's just a waste of time
We have no need for ancient ways
The world is doing fine
Another toy will help destroy
The elder race of man
Forget about your silly whim
It doesn't fit the plan

Paratom

a very nice old guy showed us an old mine:

touristic place but still very nice nature - Triberg waterfalls

water allways tempting:

Even if there are some things which can be improved I find this to be a very capable camera and very nice lenses.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
A couple shots from a lunchtime walkabout in Tokyo. The first one seems to be a spool of plastic stuff with holes poked in the edges. I have no idea what it might be! It was sitting on a stone wall. The pig was shot through a restaurant window.

Bill

That is an ancient memory strip, so called "film" that was used during prehistoric times (before last year or even older). They could just be used once, had limited storage capacity and only allowed a proprietary optical RAW format. You need special gear (scanner, enlarger, the human eye etc.) to read the files. They were mostly replaced by digital media during the last decade, a medium that is easier to handle, takes up less space and can be read by most computing gear, something that all human beings carry with them 24 hours a day.

To make reading of digital jpeg files easier, all babies born after 2017 will have a digital reader implant inserted at birth, making printers and computer monitors obsolete. Computers will take over the administration of earth within 50 years since man has failed miserably trying to perform that task.

There's a rumour that there are still film guerrillas doing underground work around the globe i spite of attempts to eliminate them by eradicating plantations where film is grown. The Kodak plantation is currently under attack, but an army of grumpy old men with ancient cameras is doing its utmost to sprinkle Silver Vitamins over the plantation.

fordfanjpn

Excellent summary! Thanks. Someone should post this on Wikipedia. :grin:

Bill

That is an ancient memory strip, so called "film" that was used during prehistoric times (before last year or even older). They could just be used once, had limited storage capacity and only allowed a proprietary optical RAW format. You need special gear (scanner, enlarger, the human eye etc.) to read the files. They were mostly replaced by digital media during the last decade, a medium that is easier to handle, takes up less space and can be read by most computing gear, something that all human beings carry with them 24 hours a day.

To make reading of digital jpeg files easier, all babies born after 2017 will have a digital reader implant inserted at birth, making printers and computer monitors obsolete. Computers will take over the administration of earth within 50 years since man has failed miserably trying to perform that task.

There's a rumour that there are still film guerrillas doing underground work around the globe i spite of attempts to eliminate them by eradicating plantations where film is grown. The Kodak plantation is currently under attack, but an army of grumpy old men with ancient cameras is doing its utmost to sprinkle Silver Vitamins over the plantation.

E

eriklovold

Hello people! I've had this camera for almost four months now, so in love with it. I think it's a classic in the making. It's made me explore street photography and finding it fascinating and endlessly challenging.

Here's a shot from today.

Simon M.

Lots of great images since I last got something up. I'm perticularly loving the diversity of images that are being captured: street, candids, macros, landscapes and more. Great job everyone!

Here are some images from a short after work hike in the mountains. It was an amazing way to start a weekend and I absolutely can't wait to get back to this area.

Cheers,
Simon

Ario

Beautiful shot! How did you process it?

Lee
Thank you Lee, I started with RPP K64, light Denoise and Capture sharpening with Nick SW and a little tone adjustment in Viveza (all from inside CS6).
It is not my usual LR4 based workflow but I found that starting with RPP it is easier to finish in CS6.

Sapphie

I didn't like to pre-judge but sort of guessed that it started in RPP - the detail and tones, K64 - great. Looks so film-like.

Well done. I think it's the best X-Pro 1 shot I have seen so far - beautiful subjects, beautifully captured by yourself and so well rendered by RPP.

Lee

scho

I didn't like to pre-judge but sort of guessed that it started in RPP - the detail and tones, K64 - great. Looks so film-like.

Well done. I think it's the best X-Pro 1 shot I have seen so far - beautiful subjects, beautifully captured by yourself and so well rendered by RPP.

Lee
+1, Very natural and perfect rendering.