The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

ashwinrao1

A lovely shot of a familiar street. Congrats, Lloyd. I look forward to seeing what you can do. AF with that lens is quite acceptable, best of the bunch. The 35 has the best rendering, but this guy performs admirably well...fingers crossed the Fuji will continue to work to improve AF on the XP-1, as the lenses and system hold so much promise!

rayyan

So I took the plunge, and bought the XPro-1. I also got the Fuji M-mount adapter. I'm still trying to figure out the options, and have used it mostly with my M-mount lenses so far. I did pick up the Fujinon 35/1.4, and wow, do I love it!

Here a sample shot @ 1.4. My granddaughter and I were dropping off Mimi (grandma) at the airport, she was heading out on business, and someone wasn't too happy to see her go.

Lloyd, congratulations.

A super capture in ever way.:clap:

Lloyd

Another with my new (to me) 18. The bokeh is not too bad, and I'm happy with the subject isolation. (Yes, I do need some new bar tape!)

Lloyd

Very nice, Uwe. That first one looks like you discovered a cache of Fuji files taken by Matthew Brady.

rayyan

Another with my new (to me) 18. The bokeh is not too bad, and I'm happy with the subject isolation. (Yes, I do need some new bar tape!)

Lloyd, you seem to be jelling with the x-pro1!! Lovely shots.
What is your opinion re: the cam, after a bit of use?

Regards.

Lloyd

Lloyd, you seem to be jelling with the x-pro1!! Lovely shots.
What is your opinion re: the cam, after a bit of use?

Regards.
Rayyan, so far I'm very favorably impressed. I was intimidated a little at first by the menus and buttons, but in use they are actually fairly straight forward. The camera is solid, although lighter than my M8, and well thought out. And the color is really impressive.

I enjoy using the Leica lenses on the camera, and adapted to the focusing more quickly than I thought I would. That said, I'm also very happy with the two Fuji lenses I have, the 35/1.4 and the 18/2. The 18 equates to about 27mm in standard 35mm terms, and while it's certainly not the 28 Summicron. It's not bad either.

I agonized for a long time about which option to choose. I was impressed by the Sony NEX7, as well as the Olympus OMD M5. The Fuji ultimately won me over, and so far, I'm very glad it did.

Last edited:

smcclelland

First day out here in Amsterdam and did a short wander about with the X-Pro. We'll see how durable the X-Pro 1 is over the next 3 months across Europe.

Family Walk - X-Pro 1 + 35mm f1.4

The Dam - X-Pro 1 + 12mm Voigtlander

Last edited:

Lloyd

Very nice, Shawn. Very interesting to me to see a shot with the CV 12mm. I love using the CV 15 on the X-Pro1, so the 12mm is on the radar.

I suspect you've chosen an excellent traveling companion. Looking forward to the results.

Lloyd

This is a followup to my shot of one week ago. Mimi is back from her trip, and someone could not be happier to be back to business as usual. These two are inseparable. (Truth be told, I'm pretty glad she's back too!)

With the CV 15/4.5 @ 5.5, ISO 6400:

ashwinrao1

A few from the XPro-1 and some legendary rangefinder lenses (Konica 60 mm f/1.2 Hexanon, Leica 24 mm Summilux asph, 80 Summilux R, 35 mm f/1.4 Summilux FLE)....

People

Sights

ashwinrao1

Ashwin!! Great stuff. Didn't know you had that Konica! Lust!!
Hi Lloyd, it's not mine, but being borrowed. I really dig the lens, but it's not a long term proposition, and I feel that much of the same look can be acheived with the 50 C-Sonnar...bokeh is hit and miss, but definitely styled uniquely.