The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Lloyd

dizzyg44: Excellent IR work.

Jolly: Very cool shots. Clearly, you're as skilled with shorter focal lengths as you all with the long ones!

Braeside

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1

Its interesting that all the sample photos appear to have been taken with the 35/1.4 not the kit zoom.

etrigan63

These were shot in late July. Possibly the kit zoom was not available at the time? I'm just guessing here.

Lloyd

More good stuff, Jolly. Love it! Keep them coming!! I'm off to New York tomorrow with the X-Pro1. Hopefully, I'll have a few worth sharing.

ashwinrao1

The 35 f/1.4 has a fantastic "look" which can sell the system. Performance with AF leaves some to be desired, but the rendering of the lens is faultless... IMHO....

Braeside

I was pretty sure one of the promo videos Fuji shot showing photographers using the X-E1 appeared to have the zoom on the camera. However still no actual samples from it.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member

The dream three-lens kit for the x-E1:

the new 14/2.8, the stellar 35/1.4, and the very useful 60/2.4. I will be getting all three.

I am really torn as to whether to buy the X-E1. I have the X-Pro1 and the 18, 35 & 60. The OLED EVF will be the tipping factor for me. I've not really heard or read anything regarding how good or bad it is. My guess is that it will be better than the EVF of the X-Pro1 but will it be "that much better" to warrant a purchase?

If the firmware upgrade addresses the AF issue of the X-Pro1 it might be a waste of money for me and I am just a bit concnerned by the lower resolution of the LCD on the back of the X-E1.

At any rate, it's a good time to be a photographer with all the new gear coming out.

The new FF compact Nikon looks very interesting but I am afraid the fixed focal length and the high price tag will be a deal breaker for me.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member

Jim, for you, maybe only the 14/2.8. You have the others and apparently the firmware update speeds up the AF on the 60. The aspect that makes the X-E1 compelling (and I did play with an X-Pro 1 in Torino when I was there on a job) is the smaller and lighter form factor (I was coming off the full Sony A850 line then and the X-Pro is a bit big for me) and the adjustable diopter, and all this with the same awesome sensor. And

At any rate, it's a good time to be a photographer with all the new gear coming out.
Says it all.

Jim, for you, maybe only the 14/2.8. You have the others and apparently the firmware update speeds up the AF on the 60. The aspect that makes the X-E1 compelling (and I did play with an X-Pro 1 in Torino when I was there on a job) is the smaller and lighter form factor (I was coming off the full Sony A850 line then and the X-Pro is a bit big for me) and the adjustable diopter, and all this with the same awesome sensor. And

Says it all.
That is my dilema... I like smaller, lighter but there is a point of diminishing returns. The X-Pro1 is very comfortable in my hands by why they did not include and adjustable diopter is simply amazing to me.

If the 2.0 Firmware update does, in fact, make it equal the performance of the new cam.. then I will probably stick with the X-Pro1.. but I have to find the proper diopter for my camera.. it's bugging me to death.

Terry

That is my dilema... I like smaller, lighter but there is a point of diminishing returns. The X-Pro1 is very comfortable in my hands by why they did not include and adjustable diopter is simply amazing to me.

If the 2.0 Firmware update does, in fact, make it equal the performance of the new cam.. then I will probably stick with the X-Pro1.. but I have to find the proper diopter for my camera.. it's bugging me to death.
Jim, the diopters aren't that hard to find. What number do you need?

Jim, the diopters aren't that hard to find. What number do you need?
I have no idea. I have to use two different strength of reading glasses: +1.25 for computer and +1.50 for reading magazines.

It would be nice if fuji dealers had the complete set for you to try so you would know exactly what works best.... As I said, tremendous oversight on Fuji's part in not building a diopter into the viewfinder.

Terry

I have no idea. I have to use two different strength of reading glasses: +1.25 for computer and +1.50 for reading magazines.

It would be nice if fuji dealers had the complete set for you to try so you would know exactly what works best.... As I said, tremendous oversight on Fuji's part in not building a diopter into the viewfinder.
It isn't too expensive to get both

Search Results - Stephen Gandy's CameraQuest