The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Sapphie

Steve: That was a great day. Thanks so much for showing us around Manhattan. Great pix too!

Lee: Nice work with the 60.
Thanks Lloyd. Actually 2 of them were with the 35. I have updated the post.

One more from yesterday with the 60, not a great shot in itself but I like the colours. After the atrocious UK summer, I am quietly hopeful for a good autumn. Signs are starting to appear. I still love how RPP renders the RAWs, this one using the K64 simulation, then a little tinkering in LR (highlights down, sharpness up).

Lee

smcclelland

Night shot from our trip to Zaltbommel. Beautiful little town with great restaurants. Really wish Fuji would add minimum shutter speed for Auto ISO though!

School is out forever...

I visited an old, abandoned school in Crockett, Texas over the weekend.. still have a lot of shots to work on but here is one that I found to be interesting both in light and content. Taken with the X-Pro1 and the 18mm.

Lloyd

Really nice, Jim. Uwe doesn't care for the 18, but you make it sing. i actually decided to buy it because of your images here.

Really nice, Jim. Uwe doesn't care for the 18, but you make it sing. i actually decided to buy it because of your images here.
I find the 18 to be a great little lens and use it quite a bit.. in fact, all the photos I took of this old school were taken with the 18 and it did a great job especially in the shots that were high to low contrast like this.. now I do have to say that post work enters into the equation but it is still the lens/sensor combo that makes the post work possible.

I took the K5 and the X-Pro1 with me and used both for many shots. The Fuji shots of the exterior did contain more detail than those I took with the K5 but I expected that due to the sensor design and lack of AA filter... that said, the K5 did a very good job as well.

Here is an exterior shot of the old school taken with the K5.. (hope no one minds).. I'm still working on the Fuji version and will post it when I get the chance/time.

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
On the road this week in Texas hitting the parks. Here's one from an abandoned farm near Guadalupe Mountain National Park. Fun evening including avoiding the Diamondback snakes that were there!

Fuji X-Pro1, 18mm, 30s f/2.5 @ ISO 1600.

Last edited:
On the road this week in Texas hitting the parks. Here's one from an abandoned farm near Guadaloupe National Park. Fun evening including avoiding the Diamondback snakes that were there!
Wow... love this shot.. and more proof that the 18mm is pretty good. Really nice shot with the Milky Way aboe it all.

Night Train - Grapevine, Texas

10PM at night I decided to go shoot this old locomotive in Grapevine, Texas. This is a static display. Illumination was by two sodium vapor street lights.
Fuji X-Pro1 with 18mm 1/8s f/2.0 ISO 1600 post work in Photoshop CS6.

A

Arthuar

Thanks.. but looking at it after a nights' sleep I need to rework it.. seems too dark in mornings' light.
Well, if my humble opinion count more than nothing, no it doesn't seem too dark.
I staied in front of my display more than 2 mins starin on that.
:clap:

That's got a touch of the O. Winston Link about it Jim. Love it!
David, high praise (for which I am not worthy) but I have looked at just about everything I could find of his.. how I wish steam locomotives still roamed the tracks of this country.. his work was/is amazing.

Ok, I had to do it... the first version just did not look right to me.. what a difference eight hours of sleep can make. Moral of the story is don't do post work when you are tired.

Here is the updated version using Photoshop CS6.. did not bother with Lightroom on this one. I am much happier with this one. It pops a bit more and there is better definition of detail. Not too bad for ISO 1600.