The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

kuujinbo

Hi kuujinbo,
Your explanation is clear as a crystal but what's OPs stands for. Too bad I cannot edit those old posts.
Many thanks and welcome to the forum.
Teera
Teera,

Thanks for the welcome to the forum.

I didn't know there's a window to edit posts here. Saw the last post I made with the ability to edit (it was within a day) and assumed all posts can be edited. Sorry about that...

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
A couple of portraits...

Taken with the old 58mm f1.4 MC Rokkor

And this one with the 60mm Fujinon

Illumination courtesy of Ryanair's website... :grin:
Great shots. Knowing RyanAir they'll be wanting to charge you 5 euros for the use of their website glow :ROTFL: :eek:

P

Paolo7780

Thank you!

Knowing RyanAir they'll be wanting to charge you 5 euros for the use of their website glow
:ROTFL: You're right...
I'm going to check my credit card report... :grin:

Lloyd

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1

Very nice, Rayyan. And congrats on the new camera(s). Looking forward more results!

rayyan

Very nice, Rayyan. And congrats on the new camera(s). Looking forward more results!
Hi Lloyd.

Thanks pal. The cam is now traveling the States and Canada. My son said he wanted to give it a field test. Along with the ME!!

Take care.

kuau

Workshop Member

Kit,
Thanks for the kind words.
Back to the EVF on the X-E1,
I was wrong about the simulation like B&W mode, etc, though as I mentioned in my early post coming from a Sony NEX7, the X-E1 EVF IMHO is not as good.
Maybe some FW upgrades it will improve it, Don't get me wrong totally usable, I just wish it acted more like the Sony did.
If you like to shoot in Manual mode which I do almost all the time, it's a little frustrating, I.e I can have the shutter speed set at 1/50 sec. At F4 at ISO 200 on a sunny day, looking through the X-E1, the EVF would look normal where as the Sony gives you direct feedback whether you turn the aperture or shutter speed.

Now if we could just get better RAW support.

Steven

Hmmm, as I wait for my X-E1 to arrive: not showing the effects of adjusting parameters in the LCD is... well, lame is the word that springs into mind. Very interested in other's experiences here.

I plan on using the CV 12/5.6 on an adapter for my UWA (and I have the model that came with the filter holder that allows me to use the Cokin system directly). Strictly tripod based, I imagine (and then not having a flip out LCD, nor a tilting EVF will be limiting occasionally, too).

Stephen: I just spent some time on your site: some spectacular images there; thank you.

jstaben

Tried two Fujis now, XE1 and X100. Great sensor performance but personally didn't like the EVF on either. Definitely some benefits of an EVF but I just couldn't get used to it. The breaking point for both and why I ditched them was the poor AF performance. I have an M9 and a Nikon DSLR and if I'm going to have an AF camera I expect it to perform like a DSLR. I can MF much faster than the XE1 AF and there was no advantage there.

Lloyd

Tried two Fujis now, XE1 and X100. Great sensor performance but personally didn't like the EVF on either. Definitely some benefits of an EVF but I just couldn't get used to it. The breaking point for both and why I ditched them was the poor AF performance. I have an M9 and a Nikon DSLR and if I'm going to have an AF camera I expect it to perform like a DSLR. I can MF much faster than the XE1 AF and there was no advantage there.
Interesting, but definitely :OT:. This is for "Fun" with the X-E1. If you didn't have any, why bother to post?

Many of us have other cameras, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, and many of us have tried cameras with particular idiosyncrasies we didn't choose to tolerate. No need denigrate the choices of others, even tangentially. If you want the AF performance of a DSLR, fine, shoot one. Apples to Oranges... not everyone likes vanilla ice cream.

jstaben

Interesting, but definitely :OT:. This is for "Fun" with the X-E1. If you didn't have any, why bother to post?

Many of us have other cameras, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, and many of us have tried cameras with particular idiosyncrasies we didn't choose to tolerate. No need denigrate the choices of others, even tangentially. If you want the AF performance of a DSLR, fine, shoot one. Apples to Oranges... not everyone likes vanilla ice cream.

You're right definitely off topic! Just to clarify the XE1 is much more enjoyable size-wise than my DSLR and the ISO performance trounces my Leica. No perfect camera. I do think the XE1 is a great value and the lenses are very nice and prob equal many Leica lenses!

All of these cameras by the way much exceed any talent I have and take great pictures in capable hands.

kuau

Workshop Member

I find the X-E1 very enjoyable, now if I could only figure out how to process the RAW files I will start posting :)

Lloyd

You mean this X-E1? ;) You handsome devil you! (Sorry, off-topic... taken with an X-Pro1)